When do you wrap a Brisket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve, that seems like a long time for a brisket. I don't foil mine until I have taken it off at 190 and then double foil it and turn it fat side up to rest in the cooler for 3-4 hours! VIA Jim Minion, of course! =D>

Sure sounds like a stubborn one. Damn things can fool you sometimes. I have had them get up to temp as quickly as 8 hours. some stall around the 150 170 mark and take for ever.

That is a stubborn cow pie. F**l is a personal decision. I've seen them go on for quite a while but 20 hrs. is a little on the long side to still be sittin' on 168. I probably would have gotten sick and tired of the little bugger, wrapped it and poured the heat to it. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Good Q!

Jack

Steve Z said:
The brisket took 23 hours it weighed appx 11#. The wife was tending the cooker while I was @ work today. She said she could not keep the temp up. (Not enough charcoal in the smoker). Took it off @ 187 let it rest about an hour. For my first brisket it turned out very good. Not dry at all. Everyone liked it. Thanks to everyone for their help and input :(

Ummm, Steve you forgot the pics from the new camera....... :-(

I usually wrap it at 165 and then pull it when it hits 190. Talking about this makes me want some Brisket!! :eek: :grin: :eek:

Looks awesome Steve!

Those pics satisfied my Q fix ...for a litt. <ahem> Those pics satisfied my Q fixxxxxlallllaaaaaaaaaaa...a little! .... =P~ [-X :eek: =P~ [-X [-o< :dunno:
Ok ... Where's my FoodSaver stash. ****** ! I hate you guys!
:!:

Back
Top Bottom