Reverend Marvins Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I used some of the Reverend Marvins Original sauce the other night for the first time as a dipping sauce for some chicken that my wife cooked. The stuff is fantastic!!!! I have both the Original and the Hot flavors. I'll definitely be grilling some chicken or pork chops with it this week! If you haven't tried it, I'd definitely recommend it.

Larry I don't which you used, but the hot is pretty dang hot right out of the bottle...it diminishes a little with cooking. Just a word for those of you
who may also use it as a dipping sauce.

Completely different taste, though isn't it!

Captain Morgan said:
Larry I don't which you used, but the hot is pretty dang hot right out of the bottle...it diminishes a little with cooking. Just a word for those of you
who may also use it as a dipping sauce.

Completely different taste, though isn't it!

I used the "Original" flavor. It had a nice little kick to it. Finney had told me to try it on a cook vs. by itself because it will change flavors. But honestly, I really liked it straight. So if it gets better once cooked, I'm in for a treat. Thanks for the warning about the "Hot" flavor, can't give that to my little one!

Both versions taste great. Out of the bottle they are more one dimensional, but still really good. Cooked onto food (I would suggest chicken or pork chops) the flavors become milder but more 3 dimensional. Go to the website and order some! :!:

never thought of it that way..drizzled some over popcorn the other night though. It is so good on chicken, it's hard to stop eating it.

Are there any more reviews before I order? Also, looking for your favorite ~ Hot or Original.

My favorite is the original because it is more universally accepted by most pallets...however, the hot is good too!!

note that the heat goes down a bit while cooking. If you eat the hot as a dipping sauce or a dressing, it's hot. If you brush it on your meat over the last 15 minutes, it takes on a great flavor, doesn't burn because of low or no sugar. Great grilling sauce. Also good on pulled pork.

Using the Rev's sauce as a dipping sauce as I type. Grilled a London Broil with Head Country rub, sliced thin against the grain and dip as I eat into Rev's Original sauce. Great stuff on everything I've tried it on so far!

I tried the Rev's original on some chicken over the weekend. It was a totally new and great flavor. I'm definately going to do that again. Last night we tried the hot on some skewered shrimp. Again, great in a word. I recommend the Rev's sauce to any one who wants something different and tasty.

Griff

Here's a 'second hand' review. Got a phone call yesterday from a friend that I had given a bottle of Rev. Marvin's Original. I will preface this with the fact that this guy is PICKY about food and trying stuff that someone suggests to him. Read that as "if he didn't find it... it's not going to be good".

Anyway... His quote:
"Finney" "Hey man... I've got to get somemore of that sauce". "That stuff is great". "I cooked with it all weekend". "It tastes good, it doesn't burn"...... "The Reverend has made me a believer!"

Finney

I know what you mean. When I tried the Rev on chicken last Saturday, a friend was over. After we finished the meal he wanted the rest of the bottle. I told him "NO" but I did email him the website.

Griff

Hey Griff, I'll answer this one personally.LOL Actually, I just got back from the doctor. Sight is much better. Only down side is it looks like my pupil may be permanently dilated from the trauma. There's also a cataract starting to form from the trauma as well. But the way I look at it (no pun intended) is the cataract can be removed with simple surgery and as far as that pupil being dilated, so what! It's something I can live with. I just feel extremely fortunate to be able to see. Thanks for asking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom