Sweet Italian with help from my sweetie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Made 15 lbs. of sweet Italian sausage.
I used Old Plantation seasonings. I had alot of trouble with the casings. They kept tearing so I ended up with some "bun sized" links. It was pretty frustrating!
Had some help from my little sweetie. The bucket stuffer is so easy to use a 5 year old can do it. She asked if she could eat one of the noodles(casings). :shock:

Paul, after you soak your casings in water, put them in white vinegar overnight before you stuff them. They are slick as can be and I think a little bit more pliable. Great job on the sausage!

Nick Prochilo said:
Paul, after you soak your casings in water, put them in white vinegar overnight before you stuff them. They are slick as can be and I think a little bit more pliable. Great job on the sausage!
That's a new one on me. I'll give it a try. Just pure vinegar, or cut with water? Thanks ;)

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
That's a new one on me. I'll give it a try. Just pure vinegar, or cut with water? Thanks ;)

Straight! Bigwheel says it makes it slicker than semon on his gold tooth! Strange fellow that bigwheel is!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":6dq87fxu]Paul, after you soak your casings in water, put them in white vinegar overnight before you stuff them. They are slick as can be and I think a little bit more pliable. Great job on the sausage!

Straight! Bigwheel says it makes it slicker than semon on his gold tooth! Strange fellow that bigwheel is![/quote:6dq87fxu]
Strange but Father Bigwheel is chock full of know how he is. He's helped this Yankee out a few times. :D
The gold tooth kind sounds pretty wrong in my book though :shock:

JamesB said:
That is some good looking sausage... If anything, you might be packing them a bit on the heavy side and that might be what is causing the casings to burst.

Where did you find the seasoning? I've made a couple of different italian sausage recipes and willing to try more!

James.

James...I did a search and found this on ebay.

Click here

Puff,

You have a beautiful daughter. Mine is six and in first grade.

The sausage looks great.

cleglue said:
JamesB said:
That is some good looking sausage... If anything, you might be packing them a bit on the heavy side and that might be what is causing the casings to burst.

Where did you find the seasoning? I've made a couple of different italian sausage recipes and willing to try more!

James.

James...I did a search and found this on ebay.

Click here

Puff,

You have a beautiful daughter. Mine is six and in first grade.

The sausage looks great.
WOW! :shock: It's only $2.89 (I think) in the store up the road from me. How much ya all want?

I don’t get the whole seasoning packet thing…most of us have a ton of spices from BBQ….find a recipe that sounds good..make it…tweek it and make it your own..it’s a lot cheaper.

wittdog said:
I don’t get the whole seasoning packet thing…most of us have a ton of spices from BBQ….find a recipe that sounds good..make it…tweek it and make it your own..it’s a lot cheaper.

Witt Dog is right. I bought several packs of breakfast seasoning at Cabelas that turn out to be very. I stopped in this week for something else and figured to pick up more. They were out of it. THATS WHY I LIKE TO MIX MY OWN SEASIONS.

Back
Top Bottom