Sunday - Sunday - Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is the Dude nuts / crazy?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
considering the team he said were going to be there will be in warm RV's and using FE's...he's nuts unless he is going to be doing the same thing.

Uncle Bubba said:
considering the team he said were going to be there will be in warm RV's and using FE's...he's nuts unless he is going to be doing the same thing.
No he's not nuts..he a true Q Dude...those temps might just make me a little crankier then normal

wittdog said:
Uncle Bubba said:
No he's not nuts..he a true Q Dude...those temps might just make me a little crankier then normal

Is this possible?

Sounds almost as crazy as cooking at a campground, in some big field in Virginia in the middle of July. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Uncle Bubba said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":3go0ij9t]considering the team he said were going to be there will be in warm RV's and using FE's...he's nuts unless he is going to be doing the same thing.

Is this possible?[/quote:3go0ij9t]
Bubba and to think that when I'm at a comp thats me in a GOOD mood....

wittdog said:
Uncle Bubba said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":2z5veazp]considering the team he said were going to be there will be in warm RV's and using FE's...he's nuts unless he is going to be doing the same thing.

Is this possible?
Bubba and to think that when I'm at a comp thats me in a GOOD mood....[/quote:2z5veazp]

Yeah...me too! :roll: ;)

Sounds like fun....
Diva Q's tent would have ended up in the Lake
and the only reason that bottle of jack was turning into a slushy was backwash :shock:

Nice job on the finishes BFD

Burnt Food Dude said:
In casr you're interested..

I got 2nd place in chicken and an 8th place brisket call. Also I won a free entry into the Westmont Red, White, and Barbecue contest Memeorial day weekend (much warmer). All totaled $350 in cash & prizes. Not too bad for a frigid days work!

I don't think the temp got over zero and the wind was horrible. We tried to set up the canopy with sides. The sides was catching the wind like sails and moved the canopy all over the place. We bungied it as best we could and attached 25 pound sandbags to the corner posts. Didn't help.

The Dudette and I sat in the car or in the bowling alley most of the time to keep warm. Was it worth it? Yes! Would we do it again? Yes but next year.

I just kept on thinking, "What would DivaQ do?" :LOL: :LOL:

As a side note... One team reported that their bottle of Jack Daniels was turning into a slushie.

Congratulations on the calls. That bottle of Jack must have had a nipple on it. Fast flowing hooch will not freeze. Ask Dog. :LOL:

Burnt Food Dude said:
As a side note... One team reported that their bottle of Jack Daniels was turning into a slushie.

I have had some experience with the freezing point of whiskey and it needs to get a lot colder to freeze 80 proof whiskey unless it has been diluted, like with backwash. It will get thick and syrupy at about -10.

Griff said:
Burnt Food Dude said:

I have had some experience with the freezing point of whiskey and it needs to get a lot colder to freeze 80 proof whiskey unless it has been diluted, like with backwash. It will get thick and syrupy at about -10.
And you know this how Griff? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom