cooking for super bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Did a chuckie last week and shrunk wrapped. Just pulled off 3 of Oompappy's salamis, I've got 3 fatties just about finished up and Sunday I'm doing 12 racks of baby backs. That should keep the guys at the firehouse in check for a while.

Tour de Que said:
Is there a thread addressing how to "butterfly" a chicken?
There are posts here and there, but it's simple: Turn the bird so the back is facing up and use your kitchen shears to snip out the backbone. Turn it over so the breast side is up and mash gently to flatten the breast bone.

--John

Well here in Denmark SC , we are going to do things simple going to make my stuffed 3/4 in burgers , and some brats for the main meal and we already have dips and munchies for during the game. I will use either my gas Kenmore grill or the 55 gallon drum smoker to get the job done.

Long time no post Walter.

Get some pics Brex..... You can talk about what you cooked all day but without a pic, ain't nobody gonna believe ya. :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
Long time no post Walter.

Get some pics Brex..... You can talk about what you cooked all day but without a pic, ain't nobody gonna believe ya. :LOL:

Been having puter problems , but am back now and will post pics as soon as I get em.

Started doing butterflied chickens about a month ago. Everytime I fire up the smoker I put a couple on. I take them to work and heat em up and eat them for lunch. I saw in the related post where it said the fatties were better if you cook them one day and eat them the next. I was planning on getting up in the morning and doing a couple. Do yall think that will be ok. That is what I was going to take to the super bowl party.

Tannehill Kid said:
Started doing butterflied chickens about a month ago. Everytime I fire up the smoker I put a couple on. I take them to work and heat em up and eat them for lunch. I saw in the related post where it said the fatties were better if you cook them one day and eat them the next. I was planning on getting up in the morning and doing a couple. Do yall think that will be ok. That is what I was going to take to the super bowl party.

I'm bringing 3 I made yesterday.

Nearly everything is mo betta once it has been chilled or froze and reheated. Few things that jump immediately to mind is chili..stew..beans etc. Now I do not appreicate the flavor of leftover ribs and chicken for some reason. Now I got an old pal who went into vending purty heavy and he would not try to peddle a brisket or butt which had not been frozen and thawed then reheated. He felt like something magic happen to em during the freezing phase. Have heard other folks voice similar sentiments. When we first started comp cooking it was widely rumored that the winning brisket at Meridian (big invitational LSBS cookoff) year or two previous had been in some fellas freezer for 3 years. Can't confirm or deny that deal of course. Guess it just take some experimentation on them kinda deals.

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:
Brex.

As far as the fatty goes,

It will cook right along with everything else.

Bring the internal temp up to around 168. Should take a few hours between 250-260. There is a lot of fat in there so it will stall just like a brisket.

I personaly don't care for them. :shock:

I found this old thread. It will help.

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
:shock:
Cliff try the maple flavor ;)

Walter.......welcome back!! :D

Back
Top Bottom