Wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I cut up some pecan back in Oct. I sliced the limb up into small pcs. I am really wanting to use some of it but I am not sure if three months is enough time to season. I busted some of it down and it split ok with my little axe. I was hoping the bark would turn loose easily but no go.

What say ya'll ?

Cliff you will know when it's ready when you start to see hairline cracks in the pieces of wood.

When it's warm out put the wood in a milk crate and put them up in your attic for a week or so and it will dry them right out.

Larry Wolfe said:
Cliff you will know when it's ready when you start to see hairline cracks in the pieces of wood.

When it's warm out put the wood in a milk crate and put them up in your attic for a week or so and it will dry them right out.

Good idea Larry. Thanks

Well I been chunking up some some fairly small diameter pee can limbs (2"-3") which aint got much age on it..maybe a month or two older than whut you got. Using it just for smoke production and it doing just fine. I vote for burning a chunk or too and give it a whiff test. If it smells good..should be ok.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom