Soy Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, okay, okay, I know and I really thought long and hard about posting this because it contains soy protein instead of beef. But hey, you guys are my family and I want to share my diet progress with ya'll and how I am doing.

Now onto the chili...........for any naysayers about the Soy Protein stop right now because you're wrong. I made the chili like I normally do but added red and yellow peppers and some black beans just for extra color and texture cause I thought I would need to make up for the "no meat" factor. Well I was wrong, the stuff is pretty darn good, beef it's not, but as a substitute it's hard to beat. I didn't tell anyone in the house there was no meat in it and everyone including my wife who is from Texas and normally does not like my chili had seconds.

Okay enough defending my chili, but I wanted to in advance after the grief you monkeys gave me about turkey burgers.

Helen_Paradise said:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM That looks good! Recipe??

Thanks.

12oz Morning Star Farms Ground Soy Protein
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 small can green chiles
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beer
2 bell peppers
1 large onion
5 cloves garlic minced
1 whole jalapeno
chili powder to taste
s&p to taste

Looks good! I guess there is now 1 million and 1 ways to make chili.

How was the texture of fake meat??

Looks good, but I just don't know. I think I'd eat less or maybe, just maybe, try it with turkey. Did you try and figure out how many calories you saved with the fake meat?

Thanks for the support schmucks! Last time I saw ya'll looked like you should be enjoying the soy chili too! :LOL:

No I don't feel like hugging a tree, no I'm not a vegetarian either, I'm simply trying to cut back and lose some weight!

Bruce it was 2% part skim milk cheese.

We'll see who has the last laugh! I'm gonna send each and everyone of you haters a picture of me with my thong on just for poking fun! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
We'll see who has the last laugh! I'm gonna send each and everyone of you haters a picture of me with my thong on just for poking fun! :shock:

Larry please don't do that. The server is slow enough as it is without visual harassment.

Hey Larry...good for you and your diet.......
All the power to ANYONE who can torture themselves like that,
I sure can't!

No offense meant....but even the thought of using that soy protein stuff
gives me the Heebedy Jeebedies!!!
:LOL:

I have some Vegger friends that come to one of our annual parties. Of course they graze on the chips, cheese, vegetable platters, salads etc, but also bring a meatless something for their kids and themselves for dinner. One year they brought a crockpot full of, you guessed it, Soy Chili. Somehow it got on the dinner buffet table and people ate it all, raved about how good it was and never knew it was a vegetarian dish.

oompappy said:
I have some Vegger friends that come to one of our annual parties. Of course they graze on the chips, cheese, vegetable platters, salads etc, but also bring a meatless something for their kids and themselves for dinner. One year they brought a crockpot full of, you guessed it, Soy Chili. Somehow it got on the dinner buffet table and people ate it all, raved about how good it was and never knew it was a vegetarian dish.

Thank you Pappy! Finally someone that lives out of their box and has an open mind! :D

I'm telling you haters like Joe and Nick and the rest of you dummies, you can't tell the difference if you don't know. If you knew it would be a toss up.

It doesn't give you diarrhea at all, it actually fills you up faster.

Ya'll keep hatin' while I'm internet veganing!

Seriously, I do plan to continue to eat meat, I'm just trying to cut back where and when I can and so far it seems to be working. So keep the harrassment up, it helps me!

:shock: OMG!... how can you say I'm internet hatin'? :shock:
I told ya...all the power to you, thought it was great what you're doing,
and even admitted my weakness that I could never do it.
Diets SUCK!

I'm apalled at your accusations Sir! :cry: :LOL:

But on the other hand... your soy protein still does
give me the Heebedy Jeebedies!!! ;) :LOL:

Keep eatin that Soy Larry, it'll make your boobs bigger than what they already are with all that Estrogen in it. ;) :D

Smokey_Joe said:
:shock: OMG!... how can you say I'm internet hatin'? :shock:
I told ya...all the power to you, thought it was great what you're doing,
and even admitted my weakness that I could never do it.
Diets SUCK!

I'm apalled at your accusations Sir! :cry: :LOL:

But on the other hand... your soy protein still does
give me the Heebedy Jeebedies!!! ;) :LOL:

You're overly sensitive! Please don't call me sir, you remind me of a peg legged pirate! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom