Pulled pork tamales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
I had an urge for tamales!

Started with a 4.5lb butt coated heavily with fresh ground ancho and negro dried chilis, some mex hot chili powder, and paprika.

4.5 hours at 275 to 300 with the last hour wrapped. No need to rest cause it went straight to the food processor!

I hit these with lots of habenaro sauce and some ground piquin peppers so these are all MINE!!!

Couple hours of steam and a quick beer run and I'm in bidness!!

I need a lesson on how to make these. After the meat is minced do you just wrap with corn husk and then steam. How long do you steam them? Are the corn husk soak in water first? I have never made tamales before and have no idea how to make them.

We used to always get them when I was a kid from Manuel's on the corner of Canal Blvd. and Robert E. Lee in New Orleans. They use to sell them out of a van!

cleglue said:
I need a lesson on how to make these. After the meat is minced do you just wrap with corn husk and then steam. How long do you steam them? Are the corn husk soak in water first? I have never made tamales before and have no idea how to make them.

We used to always get them when I was a kid from Manuel's on the corner of Canal Blvd. and Robert E. Lee in New Orleans. They use to sell them out of a van!

Here you go friend. This is as basic as it gets.
http://www.cooking-mexican-recipes.com/ ... ecipe.html

ronbeaux50 said:
cleglue said:

Here you go friend. This is as basic as it gets.
http://www.cooking-mexican-recipes.com/ ... ecipe.html

Looks like a good recipe ron, thanks for sharing it.

Here is the rest of the meal.

Sour cream chicken enchiladas, black beans, and some spanish rice!

Yall are still eating tamales? I'm all tamaled out.. I gues I could go for yours though!! Great job breaux!!!

Back
Top Bottom