Chuck Rolls..............well sorta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I seared a 7 bone chuck roast naked, then liberally doused with WRB, put into a pan and cooked in the smoke for another hour, then foiled the pan untl the meat was tender

Then I grilled a head of cabbage, red onion and the serranos. Then julienned those. I blanched and chopped baby spinach and baby carrots. Mixes all the ingredients plus some garlic, salt and pepper. I then mixed the meat and veggies and placed in the fridge to cool.

I then made a dipping sauce which consisted of Reverend Marvins Hot BBQ Sauce, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil. Brought to a boil and reduced by 1/4.

Filled egg roll wrappers with the chuck/veggie mixture and deep fried until golden brown. They turned out much better than expected!!!

Gary in VA said:
dang...now I am hongry... nice lookin grub... great pics

Gary I have enough filling left, so I'm gonna make a few for you, Bill and Brian tomorrow. ;)

Great pics Larry, it's pretty obvious who's going to win the Frozen Few contest.
4.gif

I've seen 7 bone roast but never tried it Whats it like Larry? I know it a cut of the chuck.

from the pic's it looks great

007bond-jb said:
I've seen 7 bone roast but never tried it Whats it like Larry? I know it a cut of the chuck.

To be honest JB, I rushed the piss out of this chuck only cause it was windy and could out. But from what I gathered, it seemed to be a little leaner than most chucks. But still pretty darn good. I didn't really give it a fair shot since what it was being used for, but it seemed to be okay

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="007bond-jb":36388yof]I've seen 7 bone roast but never tried it Whats it like Larry? I know it a cut of the chuck.

To be honest JB, I rushed the piss out of this chuck only cause it was windy and could out. But from what I gathered, it seemed to be a little leaner than most chucks. But still pretty darn good. I didn't really give it a fair shot since what it was being used for, but it seemed to be okay[/quote:36388yof]

Larry, I did a high heat cook on spares Wed, running late getting started.
Family said it was the best I had done. There was a good smoke ring...I couldn't tell the difference.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":38sdlgfp][quote="007bond-jb":38sdlgfp]I've seen 7 bone roast but never tried it Whats it like Larry? I know it a cut of the chuck.

To be honest JB, I rushed the piss out of this chuck only cause it was windy and could out. But from what I gathered, it seemed to be a little leaner than most chucks. But still pretty darn good. I didn't really give it a fair shot since what it was being used for, but it seemed to be okay[/quote:38sdlgfp]

Larry, I did a high heat cook on spares Wed, running late getting started.
Family said it was the best I had done. There was a good smoke ring...I couldn't tell the difference.[/quote:38sdlgfp]

I'm starting to agree Jim........

well, it's the only one I've done, and I did it unplanned, and I'm a little scared of doing butts that way...but M Mixon sure does well with it.
Who knows, now we're reverse sear grilling, maybe we'll be fast smoking soon....what is this world coming too?

Captain Morgan said:
well, it's the only one I've done, and I did it unplanned, and I'm a little scared of doing butts that way...but M Mixon sure does well with it.
Who knows, now we're reverse sear grilling, maybe we'll be fast smoking soon....what is this world coming too?

Finney and I have been practicing with cooking butts at higher temps and neither of us can tell a difference. Ooops, that's our strategy for SOTB! ******! :shock:

Hey guys, I'm proud to say that my spur of the moment "Chuck Egg Rolls" took 2nd place in the Addicted to BBQ Iron Chef Challenge!

Hearty congrats on that fine showing. I musta missed the recipe. Now where can it be found? Thanks.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom