Healthy Homemade Beef Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGluxkHCZmI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGluxkHCZmI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I was Jonesing for a DDB Production Video.

Thanks man that stuff looked simple and good.

peace

I guess that stuff cured you. You sounded better than on the video. Killer Soup JB. What actual spices did you add? Any hot peppers? Can you tell me again what I need to add to the potato soup to bump it up a notch...was it shrimps, cream corn and regular corn? Eat all your soup now sonny!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

surfinsapo said:
I guess that stuff cured you. You sounded better than on the video. Killer Soup JB. What actual spices did you add? Any hot peppers? Can you tell me again what I need to add to the potato soup to bump it up a notch...was it shrimps, cream corn and regular corn? Eat all your soup now sonny!!! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

You snuck in & edited your reply Huh GT,
No hot peppers but if you want it hot add em Boy! Just remember to roast em & remove the skin 1st.
The only spice I add to the soup is Tonys instead of salt. This is my wifes recipe & if I modifie it, well I just better not go there

I'll get the recipe for the potatoe bacon corn & shrimp chowder for you. Its in a local volenteer firemans cookbook that I have.

Cliff H. said:
While you are at it, post that stew recipe also. Looks real good.

I don't ever recall seeing beef cuts like that at Kroger.

The soup I remember, Recipe:
6 soup/meat bone in steaks
(this is cut from above the knee on the end of the whole round)
6 qts water in a 12qt pot
1 large turnip root rough diced
2 med onions rough diced
3 stalks celery chopped
2 carrots chopped
simmer above covered for 2 hours or till meat is falling apart tender,
remove meat seperate bones & fat, cut meat into hunks & return to stock
add 1/2 med head cabbage rough chopped
1 15oz can of EACH with juice: stewed tomatoes, corn, blackeye peas, sweet peas, string beans, lima beans, sliced mushrooms, tomatoe sauce...
2 15 oz cans whole irish potatoes (cut in half before adding)
return to a simmer for 1 hour, add Tonys to taste then serve.

This will make about 10qts & freezes well
This is a very hearty soup & taste fantastic as posted above.

I tried adding spices like wine, oregano & thyme but it changes & mask's the fine beef flavor of this soup

Variations; add barly during the last hour of cooking
you could add any other veggies you like fresh canned or frozen.

Another great production there JB. Thanks for the recipie. Its on my to do list. (not the one my wife has for me) ;)

Double dittos to whut Porky say there JB..thanks for the recipe. I love a little turnips and a lot of cabbage in either soup or stew..or Stoup as me and my girfriend Rachel Ray calls it. Now any real Texmexer rather be gutshot than to eat green lima beans. Might skip that part:) Got it saved.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom