Frozen Few

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Ok Griff I’ve been thinking about the whole frozen few thing…My suggestion is to do it super bowl weekend. It’s the beginning of Feb so that should fill in our frozen part. Now whats going to be the criteria? Temp wise and cooking? I think the heat source needs to be charcoal or wood…No fun if it’s set I and forget it….What type of categories are we looking at? We talking traditional Q or anything outside goes? Garnish? Plated pics with other stuff? Anyone have any thoughts.
I could talk to the guy that does my tshirts and have him make up some frozen few shirts if we had enough people to order them….

wittdog, I'm definately in as well. I like your choice of dates. It's a good weekend for Q anyway. The tricky parts, like you suggested, are the criteria. I'm thinking a pic with snow on the ground, or an outside temp of 32 or colder. Trust me, neither should be a problem for me or the Canuks, but what do you guys think it should be for the rest of you. At least one catagory should be "low and slow" and it must be wood or charcoal. T shirts are a great idea.

Who do you think we should get to be judge(s)?

Griff said:
wittdog, I'm definately in as well. I like your choice of dates. It's a good weekend for Q anyway. The tricky parts, like you suggested, are the criteria. I'm thinking a pic with snow on the ground, or an outside temp of 32 or colder. Trust me, neither should be a problem for me or the Canuks, but what do you guys think it should be for the rest of you. At least one catagory should be "low and slow" and it must be wood or charcoal. T shirts are a great idea.

Who do you think we should get to be judge(s)?
The warm weather southern guys :LOL:
We get enought people that are willing to PAY for shirts..that is the key work around here....
Anyone else interested..feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

witt and I have been throwing around the idea of a virtual contest called the Frozen Few. Basically you have to cook in a northern clime in the dead of winter to qualify and send pics to the judges. After that the details get fuzzy.

:D Sounds like a blast (of bitter cold air!!)

We'll be Smokin' in our Igloo ;) and will forward the pics to prove it!

Bruce, that's the conundrum here. How north do you have to be to cook in the Frozen Few? We'd welcome any thoughts and I'm sure we'll have a really cool T-shirt.

I'm in but Virginia and the beautiful Global Warming doesn't give us tons of snow anymore. I do cook all year long in the dead of winter. Could I hold up a thermometer showing it's cold if'n I gots no snow?

I can chip in fer shirts if needed too.

Keep us posted

Gota be 32* or below and or snow like Griff said I think...That time of year it might be cool enough for Cappy to cook outside :LOL: 8)

Bruce B said:
[quote="john pen":2siy3wnl]Id be in for giggles...

John do you live in a northern climate? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:2siy3wnl]

I HATE WINTER...THERE, I SAID IT..R U HAPPY ???? [smilie=a_cry.gif]

wittdog said:
Gota be 32* or below and or snow like Griff said I think...That time of year it might be cool enough for Cappy to cook outside :LOL: 8)

I'd be in but I'll have to check the farmers almanac to see what the temps are around here in February. The spicewine wouldn't have a problem holdin heat

john pen said:
[quote="Bruce B":18hmh6oh][quote="john pen":18hmh6oh]Id be in for giggles...

John do you live in a northern climate? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:18hmh6oh]

I HATE WINTER...THERE, I SAID IT..R U HAPPY ???? [smilie=a_cry.gif][/quote:18hmh6oh]
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom