peanuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
We may need to move this if you're really looking for suggestions :LOL: :LOL:
If that guy was a real friend he would postpone the wedding so you could go to the Jack. :roll:

Brian, they are horrible. There's just no good way to cook a raw peanut. Send them to me pronto and I'll dispose of them for you.

Just kidding. Boil them in salted water!! That's the best eats and I miss them soooooo much! We can't get them up here where I live.

Spicy Boiled Peanuts

5 lbs raw peanuts, green or dry in shell
4 qts water
5 T salt or to taste
5 T liquid crab boil or to taste

In a large stockpot, add water, salt, liquid crab boil and clean washed peanuts. Bring to a boil and cook until tenderness you desire. This differs with different folks. Some folks like them mushy and very tender, while others like them more firmer. After a couple hours cooking, start taste testing for texture. After you get the texture you like, turn off heat and allow to set and absorb the water and flavors. I let mind sit overnight before I start eating. These are pretty spicy. If you like less heat, use less crab boil.

wittdog said:
First spagettie squash now peanuts...

Cookem Wittdog style......Boil in a pot of water with a steak grilling over hot coals. When done throw out the peanuts and enjoy the steak. Beer should available in generous amounts.

Back
Top Bottom