So easy a 5 yearold can do it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I had three rack of BB that never made it on the smoker yesterday…and when we asked the kids what they wanted to do today..my oldest D (age 5) said that he wanted to cook some ribs cuz I cooked yesterday while he was at school. I need to go to the Sausage Maker today to get some cure and right across from the sausage maker is the farmers market. We got some fixings for ABTs to go with the ribs and some stuff for greens and away we went. D lit the Weber cube all by himself and let me know when it was time to dump the charcoal. From there it was his job to watch the pit temp and make adjustments. I added the wood and more charcoal but he watched the pit. I gotta tell you I was impressed just as my internal timer would tell me it was time to check the pit he would come on and tell me what the temp was and what he thought we needed to do. I kind of expected the novelty to wear off after the first hour or two but he kept at it all day. We got his stool out there so he could check the temps and the condition of the food. He cooked 3 racks of ribs, 2 with my comp rub and one with my coffee rub and a bunch of ABTs and some sausage (not pictured) for lunch. Between the getting to know you think and this cook….I’m a proud papa
Loaded Pit

ABT

Da Boys

Cut with a plastic knife

Ribs Close up

At work checking the pit

A little dirty but still smoking

Plate of Food

Time to Eat

wittdog said:
I had three rack of BB that never made it on the smoker yesterday............ …….I’m a proud papa

....And a LOVING FATHER!

Good job my friend.... nice cook and I highly commend you
on the quality time you took to spend with your boys..
.AAA+++......., 10 [smilie=dancing_cow.gif]'s ........, and a huge double [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Do they drink beers and cuss like Dad when cooking ribs? :LOL: :LOL:
Nice job. You got yourself a Guru pit control.
Love those kids.

Glad to see yer raising those boys right! :D
Could be embarassing at school though....when the teacher asks what they did over the weekend and they say "I smoked with Dad" :shock:
It's all good! ;)

Green Hornet said:
Glad to see yer raising those boys right! :D
Could be embarassing at school though....when the teacher asks what they did over the weekend and they say "I smoked with Dad" :shock:
It's all good! ;)

:LOL: Even worse if he decides to throw a few "Fatties" on the grill with the kids!!!! :shock: ;) :LOL:

"Nothing much Teach.... just sat around out back most of the night with Dad and my brother smoking a couple of fatties" :damnfunny

Food looks good, but more importantly, thats something that you and your little ones will rember for the rest of their days. I know I rember doin stuff with my pops when I was wittle!

Rag said:
Do they drink beers and cuss like Dad when cooking ribs? :LOL: :LOL:
Nice job. You got yourself a Guru pit control.
Love those kids.
Beers...Rootbeer in the bottle...and for the cussing..as bad as my mouth is..I've yet to around the kids..it's been close but..not yet

Good looking food Dave!

Pretty soon you will be able to just tell them what you want to cook and you'll be able to sit back on the couch with a cold pop while they cook for you!

Tell The Boys Great Job! From Ol JB Dave & congrats to Mom & Dad on rising fine new future BBQ chef's/eaters

At what age do they allow Kids to compete in Kids Q competitions?. Looks like a grand champ in the making to me. Great job Wittpups!

That would be cool if George could add a Kids Q to Oinktoberfest next year!

Man D can cook! D I think those bones look a little better than your Dad's ;)
Looks great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom