Sick but still cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’ve been home sick since Oinkfest…I’ve got walking pneumonia or something like that….well it’s Oct in Buffalo and 85* so whets a BBQ man to do…fire up the smokers…I did a fatty and some sausages above a brisket on the WSM..and have a few rack of ribs for my T-shirt guy, he wants them from the Monday Football game. MJ wanted a pic of him eating his Jell-O….so here we are finished pics much later…

I’ve got the brisket rubbed down with BTGG rub..and my rub on the ribs.

And der aint no holes in dem sausages BOY :LOL:

Well, if those ribs taste as good as the ones last weekend, I may have to come back up there. Good looking pics amigo. Hope you get well soon.

Tried that and some chicken noodle soup...with the niffles...nothings working...seems like I'm going to need grandpa recipe..
Drink a bottle of whiskey...when you wake up 2 days later the cold is gone

Ribs are done…I’m going to tell this guy no more 6 rack orders…maybe 5-51/2 racks..man I need a bigger pit….Brisket is getting there….

More pics to come

Those are some fantastic looking ribs wittdog. Good thing you have a cold and can't smell or taste anything. Otherwise, you may not have been able to fill your order. :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
Those are some fantastic looking ribs wittdog. Good thing you have a cold and can't smell or taste anything. Otherwise, you may not have been able to fill your order. :LOL:
Cliff its a 5-51/2 rack limit from now on... :LOL: I'm debating if I want to toss the other 3 racks on bought on now or later this weekend...I'm not going to tell the mrs or boys I have more uncooked..or they will be on now... ;)
I'm trying the saran wrap rest...

Dinner is done…the pics didn’t come out all that great..guess I should read the book that came with the new camera….Gotta tell you there might be something to this wrapping with saran wrap instead of foil thing….more tests are in order…

Thanks for the get well wishes guys

You have to be feeling better by now!
Looks great!
If saran wrap will make my brisket better please keep me posted ;)

It has been mentioned here a time or two..to rest it in saran instead of foil...seemed like the juice stayed in the brisket and not in the wrapping...more emperical data is needed....There is no offseason in Q :D

Right you are my year round freezing our asses off bro'!
It's coming......you'd better let Penn know :LOL:

Puff said:
Right you are my year round freezing our asses off bro'!
It's coming......you'd better let Penn know :LOL:
Who is this Pen you speak of....I think he ran away with a Finney and jumped over the Moon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom