Team Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I plan to start competing next season and have selected a team name. My concern is that it may already be in use. Any ideas how to clear this?
The name is "Habanero Hog".

Use it bro.

There is a site where people pay to registar their team name or something but I say if you ain't heard of it there's no one using it.

Well, except for Captain Morgan and the Habanero Hog BBQ Team
lol
:roll:

peace and good luck.

Rag...feel free to use "The BBQ Central Competition Team" if you want to. There is a franchise in SC that uses it with my permission...feel free! :D

a hogs head shapped hab pepper could be a cool logo....or fire shotting out of the hogs (you fill in the blanK)

wittdog said:
a hogs head shapped hab pepper could be a cool logo....or fire shotting out of the hogs (you fill in the blanK)

just make sure "burnin ring of fire" is always your theme song then

I think KCBS recognizes team names by the first to score points for TOY. This means the first to score a top five in any given contest.

That team name data base is bull. It's self serving. Someone is charging to have your team on a list, it has no merit.

Rich Decker said:
I think KCBS recognizes team names by the first to score points for TOY. This means the first to score a top five in any given contest.

That team name data base is bull. It's self serving. Someone is charging to have your team on a list, it has no merit.

I agree it is bull.

Unless a team name is trademarked (US & or internationally) anyone can use it

you could search for your team name at the nationalbbqrankings.com website. that would let you see if there are any teams out there with similar names or actually using the same name. and in the interest of my sanity if you could pick something semi-unique I would be very thankful.

DawgPhan said:
you could search for your team name at the nationalbbqrankings.com website. that would let you see if there are any teams out there with similar names or actually using the same name. and in the interest of my sanity if you could pick something semi-unique I would be very thankful.

I can completely understand that. LOL

Back
Top Bottom