yet another rib question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Going to a race on New Years Day (the hangover 150) at a local dirt track and we're planning on tailgating..My question is, how long can I hold smoked ribs for. Ive got a Carlisle food warmer that holds the temps pretty stable for about 4 hours. We're leaving at 9am and I was thinking about cooking them early so they could come out around 8:30..Do you guys think they'll hold ok till noonish or should I just do a butt or brisket ?

Well, now Ive got to go search ribs and sift through..Although Im real happy with my butt and briskett, Ive only had 1 good rib cook and it was the 3-2-1 thing...Anyone want to shortcut me with a suggested temp, ect (ya, Im a lazy sh*t)...

I have in the past, trimed and pulled the membrane, but I was thinking of not trimming...Anyone else ? I think trimming them makes them much more "appealing" and easier to eat. When you guys trim, how far up do you go ? There are those little cartalige's above the bone "socket". Do you go down that far or do I not know what Im talking about ?? Also my smoker runs between 210 and 250. Are we happy with that temp ? I hate the thought of opening the lid during the cook, but I guess there's no other way to check the doneness of the ribs ??

Im heading out to go shopping for meat..hopefully Ill score some ribs and a brisket..but Im guessing Ill end up with ribs and a butt. There's only one place that has briskets in stock around here and they want 5.25 a lb. The place I usually get them is normal priced but you have to give them 24 hours. Oh well..its all good..

Back
Top Bottom