Yet Another Corned Beef Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
At $1.99 a pound I couldn't pass it by so I bought 4 of the corned beef briskets. I was happy with the corned beef I did last week so I didn't change anything this week.

I started early this morning with four 3.5 lb. briskets.

Soaked them for two hours changing the water every 30 minutes.

Put them on the WSM at about noon.

At 4 PM they were at 170° and at 5 PM I wrapped them for an hour.

At 6 PM they were at 195° and felt like butter so I pulled them. And opened up all the vents, took the water pan out and got the WSM up to about 325°.
I also opened up one of my seasonal favorites "Great Lakes Brewing, Conway's Irish Ale."

Back on for about 30 minutes using the mustard glaze Nick suggested to me. I glazed and turned about every 10 minutes.

No plated pictures because these four are getting Food Savered and into the freezer tomorrow.
Sorry to bore you with a similar post but it went so well I wanted to share. Happy St. Patrick's Day and thanks for looking.

AndyW said:
I didn't see the glaze recipe... Care to share, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Nick Prochilo's Honey Mustard Glaze ®

1 Cup Honey
1/3 Cup Butter
3 TBS Dark Corn Syrup
3/4 tsp Dry Mustard
2 TBS Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Whole Garlic Cloves
Combine all ingredients in pan. Cook over medium heat and bring to a full boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and cook one minute.

Some FINE looking corned beef!!!! Corned beef here is .99/lb here but I'm having a hard time finding extras to stock up on.

Hey Nick thanks for the recipe. Bet that would be a nice finishing touch on there. You are such a smart young man to think of that one. You also have very nice bouncy bosoms.

Amazing. Food network ought to call any one of you to do a show. I have not seen this level of quality on anything they do. It's all butter and chocolate and they call that crap cooking. They should take a look at the briskets put up here in the past couple of days!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom