Yard Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well nothing like a V-8 bloody Mary to get you back on track after a long night of adult bev……We are doing yard birds today 4 whole birds which I split and are now marinating in Chivetas which is a local marinade similar to the road side chicken recipe…I was planning on the RSC but it was enough just splitting the chicken and preparing the ABTs. The missus is also making a Mango Black Bean Salsa (From the Big Book of BBQ sides) and a Summer Cucumber Salad. We also have a couple of ears of corn…I’m going to do the birds on Buford at a higher temp using Cherry Wood and do the ABT’s and Corn on the WSM. I also plan on trying the tomatoes based sauce I made yesterday along with the bottle of Rev. Marvin’s that Pigs was nice enough to give me. I tried the Rev. earlier and it tasted good. It has a nice “cleanâ€

Sounds like a good plan to me. I look forward to hearing how it all turns out for ya.

Here are the pics from today’s dinner, we ended up with a houseful luckily my wife and I tend to overcook…Never did get a chance to sauce the chicken…..there was some left I’ll probably gas it tomorrow and then sauce it…..

brian j said:
=D> =D> =D>
wit - you never fail to impress me. all that food AND a hang over.
I think it may have been Hank Jr. that sung"and the hangovers hurt more than they used to..."You could tell who the guys I work with were...We were all 2 fisting it.. :grin: I started the night with Beam and Coke (no Jack :badgrin: ) and had to switch to Vodka and Teas.
Bill my extended family no longer even questions what I doing taking pics of dinner.

I'd take Beam over Jack anytime!!

I love the way a half chicken makes its presentation! Only thing better is the "Flied" chicken...lotsa lucky eaters at your place, Witt!! Great job!!

Greg Rempe said:
I'd take Beam over Jack anytime!!

I love the way a half chicken makes its presentation! Only thing better is the "Flied" chicken...lotsa lucky eaters at your place, Witt!! Great job!!
Greg I have to stick with the Jack...The one night I drank Crown I ended up with Kidney Stones... I'm a Jack man but when they changed the proof to 80 I may start to explore other options my buddy at work likes his burbon and I may try the Beam Black.....

Not going to HI-Jack here...so when you are ready to Learn about Bourbon give me, Finney and Zilla a PM...we'll head you in the right direction!! :!:

And again...great looking chicken, dude! :(

Back
Top Bottom