WTB: Remote meat thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Here ya go Fatz. But I'd suggest to go to Amazon to purchase. For $50 you can get the thermometer w/express shipping. The ET-73 IMHO is a great bang for the buck.

P.S. Sorry Suz, were were posting at the same time!

Fatz, on ET-73 you can use the both the smoker probe and the meat probe for monitoring meat temps. Use the ET-73 to monitor two meats.

The range is slightly different on the smoker probe but well within normal cooking range.

Looking at my instructions here it says;

Probe Range: 14F - 410F, unit will display these temps

Alarm Food range: 32F - 392F

Alarm Smoker Low range: 32F - 392F

Alarm Smoker Hi range: 140F - 410F

Probes shouldn't be used above 410F.

Shawn White said:
Fatz, on ET-73 you can use the both the smoker probe and the meat probe for monitoring meat temps. Use the ET-73 to monitor two meats.

The range is slightly different on the smoker probe but well within normal cooking range.

Shawn's correct, I use one unit for two pieces of meat frequently!

FATZ said:
And aren't there 6ft. probes available now?

Yeah, from what I hear you need to call Maverick for them. I'd like to get them too, just haven't gotten off my ass to do so yet!

Fatz

I got the six footers last winter shortly after they came out. At that time I did have to call Maverick but haven't checked since. They also gave me a good deal on the second when I ordered two at one. I can't remember how big the discount was on the second -- it has been too many beers ago.

Griff

Here you go Fatz;

www.nu-temp.com

I've had mine for about 6 months now and they are great. IMHO I think they blow Maverick out of the water as far as range. Very accurate too.

Fatz I have the Nu-temp it come with 3 probe all of them wireless an can go up to 100 ft away from the pit its been the best set I have used.

hear is the only thing I disslike you can nto turn off with out removing the batteris.

http://www.nu-temp.com/

Back
Top Bottom