WSM Columbus Day BBQ and Grilled Brisket Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I really love this WSM. Thanks for telling me to get one yall. This was from Columbus day 10-13-2008. It was a holiday and I was here doing yard work and BBQ-in. I really love brisket because we can munch on it all week long and make all kinds of stuff out of the left overs. I took a whole brisket and trimmed off the fat and extra meat "forgot the name of the cut" and grinded it up with my Kitchen aid meat grinder to make burger meat like JB always talks about. I put the dents in the patties too JB... Looked like meat bagels by the end. Grilled tham on my Infrared grill using a new piece of equipment I bought from a Brazilian company. I smoked the rest of the brisket with mesquite wood and rubbed it with mustard & Ralph's Greek Seasoning... Good stuff yall... Foiled the brisket after 6 hours or so and let it go another 2 hours. I unfoiled it and pushed on it and decided to give it another 45 minutes. It came out wonderful and very tastey. Perfect amount of juice, not too much fat when it cooled off..Now all I have to do is remove the TAR-creosote from my WSM contact points with out destroying it.. That stuff is better than JBWELD...

<object width="640" height="483"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1965321&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1965321&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="483"></embed></object>
WSM Beef Brisket Mesquite Smoked from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.

dsc00921858452ra5.jpg

dsc00931889796vc7.jpg

dsc00941924497hf0.jpg

dsc00951947062wo9.jpg

dsc00961995217ga1.jpg

dsc00972018452xn3.jpg

dsc00992092108vh1.jpg

dsc01002130264yy6.jpg

dsc01012165796yc7.jpg

dsc01022196952bs1.jpg

dsc01031802967ff5.jpg
:shock:

Chuck_050382 said:
Looks good.

how were the brisket burgers?
Thanks. They were good, but kind of thick. I needed to cool the meat off before forming the patties.. I have a bunch left for this week to grill up.. Maybe make a meat loaf or something... :shock:

Looks great SS.

Was the point big ?

Did you grind the whole point and all the fat you removed from the flat together ?

Trying to get an idea of what % beef to fat you were working with. ;)

Cliff H. said:
Looks great SS.

Was the point big ?

Did you grind the whole point and all the fat you removed from the flat together ?

Trying to get an idea of what % beef to fat you were working with. ;)
I didn't grind all of it Cliff. And yes it was big. I'd say the meat was 80/20 % by the end. I should have videod that too...

The briskit looks great SS,

Next time on the burgers don't make doughnuts, just a slight indention.

SS are you ADD? ;)

Hey Sapo..looking good. Ya know the only biotch I ever had on them brisket burgers is they dont tend to hold together too well while cooking themselves. Now nothing to the extent making them undesireable of course. Flavorwise they are outta this world good..just a bit pesky when it comes time to flip. I have been threatening to drop in an egg per pound just to make em bind up a little mo betta? Whutcha think? Hope that Greek seasoning in the pic is mo betta than Cavenders. As good as I can figger Cavenders is salt mixed with oregeano. I dont care for it at all. Now if I was a Greek sure I prob like it fine. Know whut I mean here?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hey Sapo..looking good. Ya know the only biotch I ever had on them brisket burgers is they dont tend to hold together too well while cooking themselves. Now nothing to the extent making them undesireable of course. Flavorwise they are outta this world good..just a bit pesky when it comes time to flip. I have been threatening to drop in an egg per pound just to make em bind up a little mo betta? Whutcha think? Hope that Greek seasoning in the pic is mo betta than Cavenders. As good as I can figger Cavenders is salt mixed with oregeano. I dont care for it at all. Now if I was a Greek sure I prob like it fine. Know whut I mean here?

bigwheel
I put some fat with the ground brisket and it made it hold together well. Ralphs Greek seasoning is a killer steak searing rub too. Do you want a container full?

Back
Top Bottom