WOOS & WRB & weekend getaway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
Yesterday's cook -- that buck-sixty-nine chuck I was talking about, trimmed of excess fat (hard fat removed, necessitating a tie job), slathered with Worcestershire and coated liberally with Wolfe Rub Bold. Twelve hours for an almost 8-lb chuck.

--John
(The WRB arrived just in the nick of time, Larry. Jody has threatened me if I ever let myself run low again. :shock: )

Larry Wolfe said:
Fantastic John!! Now I need to find a chuck on sale, fast!!!

Not quite that cheap but chuck rolls are almost always 2.26/lb here. smallest one I have found so far was 13lbs. I think I do more chuck now than pulled pork.

Thanks, all. :D

Scotty, we eat it in sandwiches, just like pulled pork except for that great beefy chuck taste. I got 4 meal-size bags (for 2) out of it, now waiting patiently in the freezer.

Rag, I only had a taste, but yes, it was tender. (Only a taste because we took off for the weekend before another mealtime came up.) I know it's nice and tender because of the way it came apart during pulling.

We like pulled pork and pulled beef equally well, each for its own great flavor, and we try never to be out of either. Sometimes I don't wait for a sale.

--John
(Our weekend getaway is at a ridge-top 1780 log-house B&B overlooking Monterey VA. This weekend is the 50th annual Highland Maple Festival, Highland County's biggest event of the year. Besides sugar camps and crafts and such, there's supposed to be barbecue, so I'll see what I can find.)

A 1780 log house with Wi-Fi.

Back
Top Bottom