Wolfe Rubbed Beer Can Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
One chicken rubbed with the original Wolfe Rub(From Myrtle, thanks bud!)
Basted in Canola oil to crisp up the skin as it cooked.
The sides were as follows.
Broccoli salad(A summertime side, but it seems summer is now leaving)
Grilled garlic bread( minced garlic, lemon zest, evoo, fresh cracked pepper, kosher salt, a little butter, fresh flat leaf parsley, and a little mozzerella with sun-dried tomatoes and basil on top.

I hope everyone enjoys the pic's.
There not the best, it seems ever since our Southern vacation there is sand stuck in the wrong places( In the camera ;) )

Almost forgot.......Apple pie in the oven :D

Looks like the poor little guy never had a chance..sniff sniff...but to look on the bright side..he looks purty dang tasty. Good job!

bigwheel

Smokey_Joe said:
The background in the 2 pics don't match.... did ya have a rain issue during the cook and have to move indoors?
Man you don't miss a trick ;)
The weather turned crappy about midway through the cook. I had to turn the cooker underneath the eaves of my garage.
Anyways.....what did you think?

Griff said:
Those pics look great. The only complaint I would have is in the bird's choice of beer.

Griff

Ya don't drink BUG LITE up there in Alaska Griff???

What's the Eskimos choice of beer up there?

I know I went to Nova Scotia one time and they all drink WARM beer up there... they claim you can drink a lot more....cold beer gets you drunk too quick.... maybe they are good at "Q"..... they already know how to get a slowwwwwwww burn out of their beer.

OK , if you can drink more when it's warm.......is the BUZZ twice as strong once it kicks in????

I dunno, I still can't get past the second WARM one.

Puff said:
Smokey_Joe said:
The background in the 2 pics don't match.... did ya have a rain issue during the cook and have to move indoors?
Man you don't miss a trick ;)
The weather turned crappy about midway through the cook. I had to turn the cooker underneath the eaves of my garage.
Anyways.....what did you think?

Looked like some DANG FINE chicken to me.......mouths watering!

GOOD JOB!

------------------------------------

Puffy, that chicken is outrageous!!!!! Man, that's gotta be one of the best beer butt chickens I've ever seen. Then when I see the sliced pic's that proved it, that was definitely a very very moist chicken!!! Great job brother!!

The Missing Link said:
Puff great looking bcc. Look like someone had some fun today. how about post the recipe for the broccoli salad? :)
What's up ML, long time no see!
Hope everything is good ;)
The recipe is in the sides section ;)

I'm great just been working a lot of hours. I had for this week 40 reg hour 55 overtime hour and its going to be that way for sometime tell we get done with the job.

Good looking bird there Puffster. Don't let razz you on the beer....that can kind of looks familiar.

Finney said:
The Missing Link said:
I'm great just been working a lot of hours. I had for this week 40 reg hour 55 overtime hour and its going to be that way for sometime tell we get done with the job.
Just stay in contact buddy.
What Chris said!

Bruce........it is not your can ;)

That chicken looks great! Les was looking over my shoulder laughing at the beer can under the wing. LOL

Back
Top Bottom