Wolfe Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Had a little get together at my house yesterday. I planned on doing a couple packers but was unable to find any, thanks to the genius at WalMart that promised me they would have them Friday. By the time I got there and all they had were enhanced flats, the butcher up the road was closed. So I bought some hot and some sweet Italian sausages. I also cooked 4 racks of spare ribs, 12lbs of roadside chicken and 40 ABT's. The ribs were the hit of the party, bones were flying!! The ABT's turned out okay, the bacon I bought was thick cut and I didn't realize it until I started wrapping them. Most of the bacon fell off, but people still liked them. I didn't get any pic's of the chicken or the sausage cooked but here is the pic's I did get.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... GTdy0Yt2dT

Captain Morgan said:
how did they like the chicken? Any special comments?

They said it was good, no outstanding comments about it though. I didn't have one piece, I'll eat some today though and let you know how I think it turned out compared to previous batches.

Bryan S said:
Looks good Larry. Sux about the briskets. Well anyway sounds like it all worked out. I'll be looking for the invitaion for next years party. :)

Well the prices are right at WalMart when they have the stuff that's not enhance. But they're just too inconsistent. Think I will pay the higher price of the butcher!

Well, if you'd have brined the chicken.........

Hey, I had the same problem with Sam's. 8 flats on order to pick up on a Thursday. I get there. They say, "we don't think we have them.........uhm, what do they look like?" I hadda drive to another Sam's across town. Now I use a local Butcher (Greg knows them.) Meat is a little more costly, but the have it when promised and it is better quality. I'll still use Sam's in a pinch, but I am really turned off by that situation.

Bryan S said:
I'll be looking for the invitaion for next years party. :)
I got an invite. About 2 o'clock..I could'a been there by 10...PM!!! #-o

Captain Morgan said:
how did they like the chicken? Any special comments?

I ate some of the chicken last night. It was good but not as good as it normally is, I did it the exact same way. I dunno. Might have had something to do with me pffting (opening a beer) at 9:30 Saturday morning.

Larry Wolfe said:
Might have had something to do with me pffting (opening a beer) at 9:30 Saturday morning.
Yeah, that's getting a pretty late start! :razz:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom