Wolfe Injection In the BUTT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Man I should have tried that this morning :x
Looking forward to your results ;)

deputynrc said:
I know some of ya'all have used the boneless before. Will they cook faster?
I recently did a bone-in and a similar size boneless at the same time, and the boneless was ready to come off earlier. Not a great amount though. Depending on weight and cooking temp, I'd guess it won't make more than a half-hour's difference.

--John 8)
(Sorry I'm kinda vague -- I didn't keep notes on the cook. :roll: )

deputynrc said:
Hello all,

Well, I haven't posted in a while and was checkin the board when I stumbled into Larry's recipe for Wolfe Rub Injection (WRI). I got this wild hair because I knew the local store had Butts on sale for .99/lb (boneless). I ran down and picked up a cryo that weighed 18.5 lbs. Injected the WRI & rubbed with dry Wolfe Rub. Theres only one problem. I got a real late start (1200 noon here). Hopin to eat @ 8PM :shock: I have never used a boneless shoulder before so I'm praying it goes faster. I will post the results later.

Has anyone else tried the Injection in a BUTT? (shoulder for all you filthy minded folks) :LOL:

You're reading my mind Neil! I was planning on giving the injection in a butt a try next weekend! Looking forward to your results and input!!!

That looks great Neil!! Heck of a sandwich you had there too!! Thanks for giving the Wolfe Rub injection a try in the butt. I'm happy to hear it turned out well!! I'm gonna do some butts this weekend with it now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom