Wife's surprise cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
I came in from work one night last week and my wife had smoked a couple of chickens and a meatloaf. Guess she got tired of hearing me say I was going to smoke a meatloaf so she did it herself. Got to say I was surprised and she did a good job. She even took the pics herself.

Ohhhhhh....careful...........

Ifun ya let her start smoking stuff herself
She might find you are replacable :shock:

Quick......... go throw up immediately and tell her that it
was horrible!!!!! ;) :LOL:

Looked like she did an O.K. job for her first time

You are a lucky man to have a wife that likes to BBQ and you get to eat good too!!! Kudo's to your wife for a job well done!!!

Yea, my wife is into it now. (only took ten years) good deal when you don't have to cook all the damn time! But I aint going near the laundry basket, that's still her job! :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
Thats cool THK, Mine makes too big a mess when she cooks
You should see mine in baking mode. :x Flour every where, and cooking? Let's see how many dishes, measuring cups, pots and pans I can use. I don't care, the ole man will clean them up for me. That's why it's more easy for me to do it. Plus she can't cook worth a damn. :roll: Sometimes (most of the time) your just better off doing it yourself. JB has it right, keep the women out of the kitchen. Worst thing she ever has done is put my fav cast iron pan in the dishwasher! :roll: Still aint seasoned right after a year! :x

I showed her what I did and she got on me. She said that was the ugliest chickens she had ever seen. My comment was looks aren't everything that they tasted good. I can see out of one eye now after she beat me. :LOL:

Tannehill Kid said:
I showed her what I did and she got on me. She said that was the ugliest chickens she had ever seen. My comment was looks aren't everything that they tasted good. I can see out of one eye now after she beat me. :LOL:

Dem Louisiana women will do that to ya! She done good!

I hope you have an extra pit, cause she did a great job! I was trying to get my wife into cooking; we watched an episode on the Food network about women BBQers. She starting talking all kinds of you know what so I bought her a little pit to practice on, she has not touched it, so I got a Weber 18" added to my collection for the small smoking sessions. She still claims she will out cook me, but I am still waiting. . .

Back
Top Bottom