Who's Smoking Turkey Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvestysly

Assistant Cook
Last year at Thanksgiving I wasn't able to buy a suitable turkey breast at the grocery store. In part because I didn't know what I was looking for and in part because the stores don't have what I want. I want a boneless/skinless turkey breast. What the stores seem to have is bone-in turkey breasts.

So this year I relented and bought the bone-in breast. What I didn't realize is... this product is both breasts (a whole breast?) with the rib and back still in place. It's essentially a turkey with the thigh/leg portion removed. So somewhere out there is a turkey walking around with its chest cut off!

I removed the skin from the turkey. I dry rubbed the turkey with my favorite homemade rub - equal parts salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika, then a dash of cayenne pepper. Covered it and left it in the refrigerator overnight. I know there are lots of opinions about this but it's my first time so go easy on me.

I put it on the smoker (a 35 year old gas grill) and now we'll see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_8827.jpg
    IMG_8827.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8829.jpg
    IMG_8829.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom