whole pig thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
This Sunday a friend of ours is getting married (couldn't talk her out of it). Anyway, at her reception she will have 2 pigs Q'ed up. Not by me :badgrin: but by an ol' boy named Festus. Now he does a pretty good pig, so I know it will be good. Festus doesn't use a mop, rub or anything but hickory, the sauce he uses is good but on the super sweet side and it is served on the side.

To that end I'm bringing 4 of my sauces. 2 will be a thick "Texas" style sauce, one tangy and one mild. Its kinda thick, like a steak sauce.

The other two will be a Carolina style sauce, one hot and one echelons above hot. The latter not previously known to anyone on the planet. None of these are sweet, so hopefully ol' Festus won't take offense (he's usually packing) and all will be good.

I'll take some pics (he usually uses the open pit /cinder block method) and let you all know the feedback on the DATsBBQ sauces.

Sounds like a good time, 'cept for the wedding part :grin: Just kiddin'. I went to 2 pig roasts in Florida where they did the cinderblock thing. I wish I'd paid more attention to it though..

The three rings of marriage:

The engagement ring
The wedding ring
The suffering

Dat packing thing you should watch :eek:
Sounds like alot of fun :!:

Hey guy's Marriage isn't that bad :!:

"dat packing thing"?????? :grin: :D :) :) :) :-( :( :eek: :-X :razz: :badgrin: :!: :idea: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ is this a Puff thing?

DATsBBQ said:
This Sunday a friend of ours is getting married (couldn't talk her out of it). Anyway, at her reception she will have 2 pigs Q'ed up. Not by me :badgrin: but by an ol' boy named Festus. Now he does a pretty good pig, so I know it will be good. Festus doesn't use a mop, rub or anything but hickory, the sauce he uses is good but on the super sweet side and it is served on the side.

To that end I'm bringing 4 of my sauces. 2 will be a thick "Texas" style sauce, one tangy and one mild. Its kinda thick, like a steak sauce.

The other two will be a Carolina style sauce, one hot and one echelons above hot. The latter not previously known to anyone on the planet. None of these are sweet, so hopefully ol' Festus won't take offense (he's usually packing) and all will be good.

I'll take some pics (he usually uses the open pit /cinder block method) and let you all know the feedback on the DATsBBQ sauces.
Nick once and only once :!:
"Hopefully 'ol Festus won't take offense(he's usually packing) and all will be good!
Whats he packin' ? A lunch :)
I was just readin' your'e words bro' :!:

Now that was the most smileys i've ever seen in a post :eek:
Beat my record #-o

DATsBBQ said:
Festus doesn't use a mop, rub or anything but hickory, the sauce he uses is good but on the super sweet side and it is served on the side.

Bryan S said:
DATsBBQ said:
"dat packing thing"?????? is this a Puff thing?
I took it as packing heat :eek:

Doesn't seam to be heat, seams to be super sweet! #-o :) :eek: 8-[ :) :grin: :D :!: [-X

And I thought this "packing" thing was gonna go in a completely different direction... #-o

OK, now I now that the "packing" remark is drawing fire. Festus is known to carry at any given time either a .38, .45 ot .22. He does have a CCP, not that it would make feel any better should he take offense.... . Now depending upon your outlook, that could be sweet or perhaps just heat.
DATsBBQ

DATsBBQ said:
OK, now I now that the "packing" remark is drawing fire. Festus is known to carry at any given time either a .38, .45 ot .22. He does have a CCP, not that it would make feel any better should he take offense.... . Now depending upon your outlook, that could be sweet or perhaps just heat.
DATsBBQ
Dats, just throw the sauce in and :hide:
If he returns fire, throw his lunch at him :!:
Good luck with the Wedding :!:

Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ

He doesn't need goo luck, he's not getting married! #-o

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ

I almost forgot #-o
Just plain old goo luck Dats :!:

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ

I almost forgot #-o
Just plain old goo luck Dats :!:

Keep it up Mr. Smart A$$, you will hit the wrong key AGAIN too!

Let me get this straight a guy name Festu is cooking a whole hog and packing heat. And your bringing your own sauce? You are a braver man then me.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom