Whiskey Barrel Smoked Spare Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice lookin spares. The WBS looks sweet! I've got the same thermo,but with a shorter stem.

Why use the smoke generator instead of putting the chips in the charcoal basket? Any advantages?
You put unlit charcoal over lit, does it work better then lit over unlit?

Thanks much DJ Love this UDS concept ;)

Thanks smokemaster Designed it to also be used as a cold smoker for the cheeses I make & smoke. With the external smoke generator & no heat source inside barrel it works perfectly for cheese. I layer the smoke generator cannister with chips, then a few vegetable oil soaked crumbled brickettes, then fill remainder with more chips. This keeps the chips burning optimally. Got my gauge from River Country. have bought 3 different ones for projects from them. Happy with the gauges & price.

8)

Oh man that is nice to see the barrel in action!!! Looks like temps worked out great for ya too!!!!!

Appreciate the kind words folks :D

Cramden You got it brother ;)
Thanks Toby :D
Shores I love my BBQ & Blues!
Larry So far So good It was a fun first time out :D

8)

Appreciate your kind words fellas :D

bknox How's the Susan Tedeschi search comin?

Pigs I'm still grinnin'. I believe its gonna be alright ;)

8)

Doug,

Going to add Susan Tedeschi to my Christmas list. I have a better chance of getting it that way. I have a sticky note on my computer to remind me. I have also contacted a buddy of mine in Cincinnati who is a live music archivist. He may be able to find the live tracks if they are out there.

Later,
Bryan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom