Where can I find wood chunks in various flavors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curise...do you know of any orchards around you? I get a lot of applewood from them here in Cleveland and it ususally comes free or just a nominal charge!

If they have wood available, ask them how long it has been cut or if it is seasoned. Tell them you are going to be using it for your BBQ...they'll tell you if it is ready to use or not.

By the way, ask if you can have it first before offering to pay for it...they usually just stack it somewhere and leave it :-( Perhas offer them a barter...Q for wood, no?? :!: That's what I do with the giy nearest to me and he loves me for it...get free apples too! :D

Naw .... Don't order the stuff. Well may one bag or two to tide you over.

Although this doesn't solve your immediate need, there are plenty of people that have trees that are dying and won't mind you cutting off some branches, or taking a chainsaw (dunno how handy you are) to it. Or like Greg says, there are people that have piled up "tree parts" that they are more than happy to part with!

You need to just take a look around to find the resources ... Take a drive, out into the sticks? First do some research on the net and learn what kind of hard/fruit woods are in your area, learn how to identify them by bark and by leaf pattern, start chopping, saving, and seasoning some.

I just talked to my bro, he has a half dead cherry tree.... Guess where most of that is going to end up?

I haven't "bought" any wood since I got my bullet, and I have plenty of Maple, Oak, & Cherry. I live in one of the major cities in VT, but there's forest o' plenty round these parts and they don't call it the Green Mountain State fer nuttin. :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom