What's cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
12 butts for me.
You making Beer Butts??? :grin: :grin: I see a bunch of Labatt Blue cans in that pic ~ Light at that!! #-o

mustard on these, I've never used woos. I just can't imagine that flavor on pork, but I know a lot of people do it. Guess I'll try it one day.

Anyway, it's a new rub and I trimmed these more than usual to get a little more bark. Rubbed, slathered in mustard, rubbed again. We'll see.

The Joker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1mr7huue]12 butts for me.
You making Beer Butts??? :grin: :grin: I see a bunch of Labatt Blue cans in that pic ~ Light at that!! #-o[/quote:1mr7huue] No Beer Butts, This one is kind of a freebie for our local Senior origination. They just pay for the butts and I cook them. They are vending tomorrow at the last of the year car show. There a good bunch of granny's, I think they need a new BINGO machine.

Butts are coming along good, (lot's of wind last night) Pics to fallow. A little tough with temps, So I said, Heck with thermometers and went by WAG, And experience. Time will tell. :D

Well, It's all over now. (thank goodness) The wind played a little hell with me last night, Had three butts that came out a little dry. We were busy so no time for pics. Nothing like a half dozen granny's bickering on how to do things. Took in a little less than a thousand dollars so they were happy. I got busted for a beer by the chamber police. The granny's sent him packing. Sure was funny. Had alot of fun too.

I've had butts that were slooooowww like that. That there's why they say "It's done when it's done!" I've found that usually on slower butts like that, they'll not get to your expected finish temp, 195 or 200°. Keep an eye on them and maybe do the bone wiggle check in a little bit. :!:

I'm working a new Mojo Criollo recipe for chicken this weekend. I'm tired of tired chicken. It's time to step up and corner this rascal. If the weather holds and OPhie stays out to sea they will be on the WSM tomorrow. =D>

Good Q!

Jack

I had my first trial of Rev. Marvins on chicken on the gasser. I'm glad I tried it. It's a mustard sauce and I'd never tried one before and definately will use again. Just put two butts on the WSM for an overnighter. I got Fatz's Pig Powder on one and my regular on the other.

Griff

Griff said:
I had my first trial of Rev. Marvins on chicken on the gasser. I'm glad I tried it. It's a mustard sauce and I'd never tried one before and definately will use again. Just put two butts on the WSM for an overnighter. I got Fatz's Pig Powder on one and my regular on the other.

Griff

I'm working with Rev's too. I've found a few good applications including pulled pork. Not bad on chicken. Really good on pork chops and pork loin. The hot is hot and makes a pretty good honey mustard chicken wing.

Goood Q!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom