What's cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like the temp in MB will be below 90° maybe you'll be okay :D I'll be looking forward to a picture of your 100 lb. butt :LOL: I'm hoping to try "Cheesy Mac n Rib Recipe from the Grilled Cheese Truck" pictures Sunday I hope.

Let's see . . . 100 lbs. divided by average butt weight of 8 lb. . . . that's about a dozen butts. What you cooking them in? And what's the special occasion if you don't mind me asking?

Myself, hot wings are on the menu again.

bigwheel said:
Think I will be taking a hundred pounds of butts to the movies and out to eat.

bigwheel

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Lew, although I refuse to cook/cater anything in July and August, and even
though I thoroughly enjoy my reputation as a smartass, I am actually a nice
guy. I'm cooking these butts for a lady I know (BW, she's from Texas) who
has a church that is doing fundraising for a group that supports mentally handicapped folks after they turn 18. Seems they get plenty of support till then, but as adults, they're just
kind of thrown out into society. This group, I'm not sure about their name, tries to help
them find care, jobs, housing, etc. So how could I say no?

I'm sure tomorrow morning while chopping butt number 7, I'll come up with several
good ways to say no next time this kind of thing comes up, but, till then...

I'll be cooking on my 22 wsm and my 18 wsm.

Man, I'd give you a hand if I wasn't on the other coast. If there was more time, I'd at least send you my power pork puller. Just attach it to you power drill and you're off and running. Sounds like you could use it.

the good news is the church has volunteers provided for tomorrow.
When they get there, I'm gonna hand em 2 cleavers and say "chop
that".

then I'm going home.

bigwheel said:
Think I will be taking a hundred pounds of butts to the movies and out to eat.

bigwheel

That has got to be the funniest thing ive heard in a long, long time. That and Cappy sayin he is a nice guy.

over....I sweated about a hundred pounds of butt off. Cook came
out great, good practice for Beach Boogie and BBQ in 2 weeks.
The funny thing was, I cooked at the church...the minister came by
about 10:30 last night to check in....and he's one of us. Just build
his first uds....he talked about an hour about bbq and smokers, then
came back in the morning and started all over again.

Well I had you a big long post ready to rip yesterday but it was apparently intercepted and swiped by space aliens. The gist of the communication in question was a toast to you for helping out in such a worthy cause. I don't care what everybody else says I think your a real good old boy.

bigwheel

Well Ok guess I could add a bit more:) We have a 20 year old grandson who we mostly raised as a son who has a high functioning form of Austim called Asbergers (sic). The group tends to have some odd tendencies. He could use some help but there isn't any. The state MHMR supposedly has an 8 year waiting list to offer any assistance to young adult autistic folks. I would also like for somebody to figger out whut causes the ailment so we can stop folks from getting it. Autism rates among young males is getting ridiculously high. Fine job on the fund raiser:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom