what's cooking on the 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
We got a four day weekend going on and I've got a lot of plans for my WSM. I'm not sure whether to do it on Saturday night or Sunday night, but I just bought two pork butts (15lbs.) and a 10 pound chuck. I haven't bought 'em yet but on the 4th, some friends are coming over and I'm going to do two rib roasts. I put one on a hour earlier than the other. That way when I take the second one on off at 125*, the first on is usually medium.

Griff

Not a clue yet, gotta'' pretty full weekend, most of it includes work :-(
I'm thinking the 4th will be the best day to cook, just have to figure out what :-k
:idea: I do have a pork butt in the freezer :grin:

I gotta packer in the freezer, if I take it out I'll cook it. I was planning on cooking it today but never got around to taking it out of the freezer.

I was thinking about smoking some SPAM. Any thoughts ? Anyone from Hawaii ?
Maybe I will do some BB's incase the spam don't work out :grin:

I'll be grilling some homemade Polish sausage on the 4th. Tomarrow we are doing yard birds and ABTs. I'm going to try my hand at making a Tomatoe based sauce today. Cliff I think about the only way I would eat spam is if it was smoked. :grin:

I am doing 12 butts today for the weekend. I have some sold and some are going to be dinner for my buddy's that help me set off the fire works at my dads place on the 3rd.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I am doing 12 butts today for the weekend. I have some sold and some are going to be dinner for my buddy's that help me set off the fire works at my dads place on the 3rd.

Sounds like fun, thanks for the invite! I would have come over and helped you with the butts as well today! Ba@%$#! :-X

I'll be lucky to do hot dogs and burgers. Everything else is frozen... maybe if I move a couple of butts to the refrigerator right now, they'll be ready to cook on Monday. (runs to the freezer)... OK, two Smithfield butts ("Contains no artificial ingredients, and no more than minimally processed" - I hope they're worth the 98 cents per pound) now thawing.

:boing:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Since I like burgers on the rare side, I'm going to grind up a few chuck roasts and have rare burgers. No condiments, Thank you, Just salt & pepper. =P~

I'm headed to pigs house, thats my kinda burger

cflatt said:
Since I like burgers on the rare side, I'm going to grind up a few chuck roasts and have rare burgers. No condiments, Thank you, Just salt & pepper. =P~

Come on over, Val has a fit when I make mine rare, "Your going to get sick" I make them 1/2 to 3/4 a pound a piece. I would never use store ground meat, Grinding your own is the BEST! =P~

I don't know if we will be cooking or not. We'll be at the lake Friday - Monday and due to the burn bans, the smoker is not coming with us. Instead we are taking the boat. We'll be home by noon on Monday, so that still leaves us Monday evening and Tuesday, so there may be time for a cook afterall. Maybe do a couple of briskets. I'd like to do one normal and cook one a bit longer and instead of slicing it, shred it and mix with sauce for bbq sandwiches. (Sorry all you pulled pork guys, I just can't handle it. I'll take my sammies with beef only.)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":22j2f39t]I am doing 12 butts today for the weekend. I have some sold and some are going to be dinner for my buddy's that help me set off the fire works at my dads place on the 3rd.

Sounds like fun, thanks for the invite! I would have come over and helped you with the butts as well today! Ba@%$#! :-X[/quote:22j2f39t]

Dude, you are more than welcome to join us. Drop me a PM for directions and details.

I have four days off for the holiday and I am going to make it a smoking 4th of July! :D :D I am going to be doing ribs, a chuck roast and chicken thighs! It has been a little while since I have had time to smoke anything so I am excited! Since I have 4 days I think I might even grill a few ribeye steaks as well! Should be some good eats!! :D

cflatt said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1d1eyco6]Since I like burgers on the rare side, I'm going to grind up a few chuck roasts and have rare burgers. No condiments, Thank you, Just salt & pepper. =P~

Come on over, Val has a fit when I make mine rare, "Your going to get sick" I make them 1/2 to 3/4 a pound a piece. I would never use store ground meat, Grinding your own is the BEST! =P~[/quote:1d1eyco6]

Ohhh yeah. I love mine rare too. Maybe some nice white onion on mine though please. =P~ =P~ =P~

I'll be cookin' brisket, butts, ribs & chicken in the grassy area in the center
of the 400 meter olympic speed skating oval in Lake Placid, NY :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom