What's cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
What’s cooking this weekend? WDB picked up a 5lb brisket and she wants me to do it on Buford this weekend I’m thinking about doing a corned beef and some ribs along with it………maybe some ABTs too going to do it tomorrow.

brian j said:
i cooked a tri tip last night but have no plans for the rest of the weekend. i'm heading down to the dc bbq contest today. the wife is going to be home all week so i might cook a turnkey breast for her tomorrow so that she has lunch meat fo the week.
Can't wait to see the pics from the dc bbq cont....Turkey sounds good we do stuff like that alot, cook something for later in the week.

Ribs went in the freezer this morning and not on the cooker :(
Its raining again here in MA I think i'm gonna start building an Ark. They are predicting a few days of rain. How many of you guys still cook in the rain?

JonM said:
Ribs went in the freezer this morning and not on the cooker :(
Its raining again here in MA I think i'm gonna start building an Ark. They are predicting a few days of rain. How many of you guys still cook in the rain?
You're going to let a little bit of rain stop you? I'll cook no matter what the weather......Been known to do it in below freezing temps. What are you cooking on JonM

I just got a Brinkman Smoke and Pit for Fathers day from Wally World,
I Have read about all the issues people have with them but hey i'm having fun with it. I have done the brick thing with it and i am still trying to nail down keeping it at a steady temp. I have burned Kingsford in it and "Cowboy " brand lump charcoal. I can't seem to find any other brands around here.

Any ideas where and how to get good lump charcoal?

I live in MA between Boston and Cape Cod. I think I have seen Royal Oak briquettes in Walmart but not any lump or i am wrong who knows :)

I have become inspired and I am pulling the ribs back out of the freezer and I will cook them tomorrow know matter what Mother Nature Throws at me. Time to break outthe Gortex Rain suit :)

JonM said:
I live in MA between Boston and Cape Cod. I think I have seen Royal Oak briquettes in Walmart but not any lump or i am wrong who knows :)

I have become inspired and I am pulling the ribs back out of the freezer and I will cook them tomorrow know matter what Mother Nature Throws at me. Time to break outthe Gortex Rain suit :)
Oh yeah now your talking. =D>

Now this question probably doesn't belong to thisthread but I have to ask this anyway. a cooker with a sidefire box such as my Smoke n Pit is it better to put put the meat on with the grate in its upper position or inthe lower/middle of the cooker position?

Jon

JonM said:
Now this question probably doesn't belong to thisthread but I have to ask this anyway. a cooker with a sidefire box such as my Smoke n Pit is it better to put put the meat on with the grate in its upper position or inthe lower/middle of the cooker position?

Jon
I would say it lower positon because with my SFB it's hotter at the top.

I see how it is around here, I get crap for not cooking in the rain but if it over 100 degrees out its ok to stay inside? hehehe :):)

JonM said:
I see how it is around here, I get crap for not cooking in the rain but if it over 100 degrees out its ok to stay inside? hehehe :):)

Hey, it's a tough crowd here. BTW, I smoke outdoors when it's below zero.

Griff

Griff said:
JonM said:

Hey, it's a tough crowd here. BTW, I smoke outdoors when it's below zero.

Griff

I always smoke when I feel like having something smoked. I don't let the weather stop me. Cooked right on threw the remenents of a hurricane 2 years ago, dead of winter, heat of summer. I just pretend everyday is like this :beach:

Five (count 'em) chickens

I'm going to cook 5 chickens in the WSM tomorrow, first cook with the Stoker. To fit them all in, I'll probably do Beer Butt Chicken - I've saved up enough soda cans (all my beer is in bottles at the present time).

Re: Five (count 'em) chickens

Larry D. said:
I'm going to cook 5 chickens in the WSM tomorrow, first cook with the Stoker. To fit them all in, I'll probably do Beer Butt Chicken - I've saved up enough soda cans (all my beer is in bottles at the present time).

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Me Too!

My daughters friends happen to keep a 1/2 case of some crap canned beer at my house (Coors Lite) that I use for beer can chicks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom