What's cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doin' a couple racks of BB's Sunday, callin' for 80 and sunny no humidity :happyd: Man I haven't smoked anything for 3 weeks, first time doing BB's, 211 method unless anybody has a better :idea: 8-[

ok the rub is on the Spares and the fire is lit and the rain is comin down hard WOOHOO!!!! gonna be a good day :)

Jon

Doing a rack of beef ribs. Didn't use by regular rub cause I was too lazy to make up another batch :) so I'm trying out some Emirl Rib Rub that a well meaning friend brought up to a cook a while ago.

JonM said:
ok the rub is on the Spares and the fire is lit and the rain is comin down hard WOOHOO!!!! gonna be a good day :)

Jon
You'll thank us when it's time to eat. We have a very nice sunny day here.

I'm with you oompappy no foil
I'm doing a brisket, corned beef and 3 racks of ribs today.

Two Boston Butts followed up with some grilled chicken thighs.

Started the Butts about 2 am Sat. morning and finished around noon. Pulled the pork and dipped into Lexington style sauce as we were pulling and chopping the pork.

I like a Honey based, Sweet and Sour sauce for my chicken that I add the last ten minutes or so.

Sides: Baked Beans, Eastern NC coleslaw with hushpuppies. Banana pudding for dessert.

I was a little disappointed with the Butts because I let the temp get a little high at times during the process. Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to attempt another two butts again next weekend.

PantherTailgater said:
I was a little disappointed with the Butts because I let the temp get a little high at times during the process. Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to attempt another two butts again next weekend.

If you need to stock up, Lowe's Foods has butts on sale for .99/lb through Tuesday, I believe. My local store had several out in the display case that were between 5 and 6 pounds (I suspect they had cut "country style ribs" off them and rewrapped what was left). I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any bigger ones - he came out of the back with two unopened 2-butt cryopacs, with the butts running between 7-8 lbs. each, which I bought and put in the freezer.

doing some meatloafs and injected whole chicken breast, back attached (good sale ... cheaper than whole chickens), for Chicken Pitas with tzatziki

Shawn White said:
doing some meatloafs and injected whole chicken breast, back attached (good sale ... cheaper than whole chickens), for Chicken Pitas with tzatziki
Like a Soulviki(sp) what did you inject them with?

wittdog said:
What’s cooking this weekend? WDB picked up a 5lb brisket and she wants me to do it on Buford this weekend I’m thinking about doing a corned beef and some ribs along with it………maybe some ABTs too going to do it tomorrow.

Nothing this weekend , the sife is going to fix some salmon an white rice for dinner . Its been raining hard all day here so we are taking a lazy day !

Re: Five (count 'em) chickens

brian j said:
[quote="Larry D.":11d0ecec]I'm going to cook 5 chickens in the WSM tomorrow, first cook with the Stoker. To fit them all in, I'll probably do Beer Butt Chicken - I've saved up enough soda cans (all my beer is in bottles at the present time).
larry - how'd you cook come out? i'm interested in your opinion of the stoker.[/quote:11d0ecec]
Brian, then look here. http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=5181&mforum=bbq4u

wittdog said:
Shawn White said:
Like a Soulviki(sp) what did you inject them with?

In the morning I mixed up half and half some melted butter, olive oil, a bit of vinegar and Club House Greek Seasoning and Marinade. Just before injecting I strained the chunks out of the injection solution with a wire mesh strainer. Mid afternoon I injected the breasts and rubbed with Greek seasoning and returned to the fridge. At dinner time I cooked the breasts indirect over lump on the kettle.

Didn't measure anything but here is an estimate:

3 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
1.5 Tbsp Greek seasoning

Larry D. said:
PantherTailgater said:

If you need to stock up, Lowe's Foods has butts on sale for .99/lb through Tuesday, I believe. My local store had several out in the display case that were between 5 and 6 pounds (I suspect they had cut "country style ribs" off them and rewrapped what was left). I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any bigger ones - he came out of the back with two unopened 2-butt cryopacs, with the butts running between 7-8 lbs. each, which I bought and put in the freezer.

Thanks Larry,
I saw that but I've been a little disappointed at times with the quality at Lowes. We're able to get the butts at BJ's for $1.39 a lb. and they're always consistently good quality. I think I'll stick with them since I know what I'm getting there.

Well a treat for me! I've been working my butt off all day fixing the leak in my office and my daughter just informed me that she is making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight! Can't wait to try these!

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Well a treat for me! I've been working my butt off all day fixing the leak in my office and my daughter just informed me that she is making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight! Can't wait to try these!
My girl friend is home? 8-[

That I couldn't tell you, but my daughter is!

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2eojl591]Well a treat for me! I've been working my butt off all day fixing the leak in my office and my daughter just informed me that she is making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight! Can't wait to try these!

That I couldn't tell you, but my daughter is![/quote:2eojl591]
Tell her, "hey from Finney"

PantherTailgater said:
Thanks Larry,
I saw that but I've been a little disappointed at times with the quality at Lowes. We're able to get the butts at BJ's for $1.39 a lb. and they're always consistently good quality. I think I'll stick with them since I know what I'm getting there.

Ooh... wish you hadn't said that (or that I hadn't bought four). I usually buy butts at Sam's Club by the case, and they've always been good. But .99/lb got to me... we'll just have to see. Maybe if I drink a better quality beer with the bbq, I won't notice. :!:

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":thcrb4jq]Well a treat for me! I've been working my butt off all day fixing the leak in my office and my daughter just informed me that she is making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight! Can't wait to try these!

Tell her, "hey from Finney"[/quote:thcrb4jq]

She said "who?"

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":13i7l20r]
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":13i7l20r]Well a treat for me! I've been working my butt off all day fixing the leak in my office and my daughter just informed me that she is making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight! Can't wait to try these!

Tell her, "hey from Finney"[/quote:13i7l20r]

She said "who?"[/quote:13i7l20r]
Good, just like I told her to play it. :!:

Back
Top Bottom