What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm cooking a ham for a Holiday luncheon at work tomorrow. Then I'm reheating a rack of ribs from yesterday and making spinach and artichoke dip and pot stickers for the games today! Go Skins!!

Helped with Tri Tip for 400 at 29 Palm Marine Base yesterday
Families of guys in Iraq Santa was there alot of fun anyway
I aint cookin today lol

Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken. Great stuff especially when watching football games. Battle of Ohio Part II. Go Bengals!

Am smoking a bone in pork loin , as we speak... brined with pear juice .....injected with garlic gloves,, and am experimenting with paparika less rub

Just put chicken breast on . got the rub from the guy who took second in the Jack in chicken...

will put St Louis style ribs on in about a half hour ...with Majic Dust from Peace Love and BBQ

thowing some taters in the fire box about an hour b4 eatin

gunna smoke some cauiflower and onions for veggies for a littleover an hour

Life is good

Roast Pork Loin in Horseradish Crust

1 cup fresh bread crumbs (about 2 slices)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons drained bottled horseradish, or to taste
1 1-pound piece boneless pork loin
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
In a heavy skillet cook bread crumbs in 1 tablespoon oil with salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring, until golden brown. Transfer bread crumbs to a bowl and toss well with horseradish.

Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper. In a skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown pork on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a shallow baking pan. In a small bowl, mix mustard and mayonnaise. Coat top and sides evenly with mixture. Press bread crumb mixture evenly onto mustard and roast pork in middle of oven until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 145 degrees for slightly pink meat (if bread crumbs begin to get too browned arrange a sheet of foil loosely over pork), 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.

Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve with balsamic-braised red cabbage and onions and boiled new potatoes with chive butter

This is a tri tip I cooked last night. Seasoning was salt, pepper and granulated garlic. First I seared direct over the lump and then brought to 130* over indirect heat. I used a foil pouch with Jack Daniels pellets for smoke. This was the first tri tip I've done and it was great. I'm definately going to repeat this.

Griff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom