What to eat with pulled pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allisonandrews

Senior Cook
I normally hear of this as a sandwhich and see 'bun'. What kind of bun? Like a regular hamburger bun?

How else would you eat the pulled pork? I love chopped bbq on a baked pototoe. Would this work with pulled pork?

allisonandrews said:
I normally hear of this as a sandwhich and see 'bun'. What kind of bun? Like a regular hamburger bun?

How else would you eat the pulled pork? I love chopped bbq on a baked pototoe. Would this work with pulled pork?
Yes on a hamburger bun, white bread.
I make the chicken wing dip with Pulled Pork, it would be good on a Potato, its good in beans or Abts. My wife will pan fry some up and then make a PP omellet. It's also good in deviled eggs. We are going to have some of them Friday :grin: .

Now that looks GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. I like pulled pork on potato rolls with a dash of texas pete, potato salad and Bill's baked beans.

I saw this being made on the Food Network. The guy puts the pan of sauce underneath the meat while it's cooking, so the sauce gets the smoke and the drippings from the meat. Sure looked good!

When I do the pulled pork (I hope to try it out this weekend), I have decided to do it on a cooling rack stuck inside an aluminum pan. Maybe do some basting with the juices, definately save to make some sauce. If there is too much juice, I should be able to remove some from the pan with a turkey baster.

Trick on using the drippings from briskets, etc. Pour all of the liquid into a large jar. Stick in the fridge. The fat will rise, congeal, and form a solid at the top of the jar. Make two holes in the fat opposite of each other. You will be able to pour out of one hole while venting out of the other. The fat will stay in the jar and you will be able to extract all the flavorful drippings to use in sauces, etc.

allisonandrews said:
When I do the pulled pork (I hope to try it out this weekend), I have decided to do it on a cooling rack stuck inside an aluminum pan. Maybe do some basting with the juices, definately save to make some sauce. If there is too much juice, I should be able to remove some from the pan with a turkey baster.

Trick on using the drippings from briskets, etc. Pour all of the liquid into a large jar. Stick in the fridge. The fat will rise, congeal, and form a solid at the top of the jar. Make two holes in the fat opposite of each other. You will be able to pour out of one hole while venting out of the other. The fat will stay in the jar and you will be able to extract all the flavorful drippings to use in sauces, etc.
That's a net trick I'm gonna have to try it.

I have done PP on baked tater...get a biggin...spilt it like the one above...then I put some shredded cheddar on the bottom, little sour cream, lots of PP, BBQ sauce and then a little more cheese...

It looks weird but it really does taste AWESOME!! A meal in itself for real!

Also, baked beans are good and so is slaw. Or, perhaps a side of ribs with the PP! :eek: :grin:

The Joker said:
Lots'a good suggestions here folks! :(

I agree.

I'm currently looking up how to do one now (as far as rub, cooking temp, done temp, etc.) I'll be upset if I don't get to do my bbq this weekend and also try out my new FoodSaver. Actually, if I don't get to do it this weekend, I will just make it a requirement for the weekend after - it will be my birthday weekend, so I will have final say.

So far, I am thinking light coat of mustard, cover with rub. Cook at same temp for briskets etc. (around 225 degrees). And, cook until about same temp as brisket (around 200 degrees). Am I right (or at least onto one method that would work?)

Back
Top Bottom