What kind of Head Country do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your talking sauce...I personally like either the Original or the Hot (which isn't that hot), however, the wifey and daughter think it is so when I buy I usually get the Original.

It's a great sauce for chicken, IMHO.

Nice. thanks for the input. I ordered regular, hot and the original rub. I was just curiouse what everyone else thought but it doesnt look like alot of people use it here?

I thought for sure this was heading into the other Room. I lke a mixture fo about 65& original and 35% hot with a little honey added.

Yeppers..I think its hot. Believe they practice truth in labeling. I can tolerate quite a bit of heat in exchange for some flavor. Such as with hab peppas ect. I do not like to just get burned for no reason. The hot Headcountry just adds heat..no extra flavor. Least in my book. You could accomplish the same chore with cayenne peppa or oleo resin capsicum.

bigwheel

Never tried that one I aint much into Liquid Smoke. I always just get the Headcountry Regular and normally use it for a chicken glaze. Which I think it has some LS in it too. Now did whup up a thin sauce for pushed pork using that stuff just to moisten it up a bit and manged to hit in the money at the Traders Village IBCA Invitational one year at Grand Prarie. Also hit the kiss your sister spot at some LSBS cookoff at a town half way to Jouston..I forget the name of it at the time. Lady table judge which said over the microphone.."I will give 15 bucks for the recipe on that pushed pork which had Jack Daniels in it." She was speaking of me and Ezra and Headcountry Regular flavor. Course there was a bunch of other secret stuff in there too. Ezra tastes mo like Jack Daniels than do Jack Daniels. Cost about half which is nice too.

bigwheel

I use Headcountry rub on everything. May not be the best but it tends to be unoffensive and aint real salty which comes in very handy on brined chicken..also spare ribs. Very easy to get ribs too salty. Guess cuz they mostly bones and not much meat.

bigwheel

I've used the Head Country rub on chicken and pork chops occasionally. I don't really like it for ribs or butts.

I think their Original sauce is better than average, if you like that style of sauce.

Back
Top Bottom