What do you use for grinding spices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
I just read an article on Cooks Illustrated website about spice grinders and they recommended going with an electric coffee grinder without naming any brands or models.

Does anyone here use coffee grinders for grinding spices? What brand, model and do you recommend it?

Thanks!

Kloset

Thanks Bill, but most of the posts were on Giadia's Cleavage. Good reading though. Can't get the images out of my head now. Wasn't it her Daddy that made the King Kong remake that launched the career of Jessica Lange? Now that was some serious prime cleavage. Sorry and now back to the topic at hand (no wisecracks now!)

Looks like several are also using coffee grinders.

Kloset

Sorry about the cross-talk...Some times that happens when you get a bunch of guys together.... :shock:

Just go to WalMart and pick up there GE Coffee Grinder, I won't quote a price, I haven't had much luck with that lately, but they aren't that expensive...it's WalMart for God's sake.

I have a small food processor I've been using and it works great and hold more volume!

Thanks for the input guys. Just picked up a krups coffee grinder for 19.99
at amazon. Should do the trick!

Now if I can just find the perfect meat slicer at an affordable price!

Kloset

I have a mortar and pestal but use a coffee grinder more often, it is a burr grinder. Runs more money ($50 to $100 range) but gives me a better control size of grind I wish.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom