Well it's about time........Finished pictures added!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
.....I've posted some pictures here! I've been a little busy lately and went threw a little rough patch, but I'm back! Our annual firemans fair is the week after 4th of July. Some of you guys know I work the kitchen for the week (duh, whoda thunk). I like to bring different things down for the kitchen crew to munch on and brew up some different concoctions all the time. Last year, the last night I brought down the last 2 shrunk wrapped bags of pulled pork I had in the freezer to sell to the public. There was enough for maybe 20 sammies. We sold them out in about 10 minutes and people were coming the rest of the night asking for more. So this year they asked me if I'd make some more to sell so here is the start. I bought 6 shoulders and just barely fit them on the WSM. Total weight of the meat is 56.25 lbs. Tomorrow I start pulling.

Glad to see you back in the saddle again Nick! Nothing will make you feel better than cooking!!!

Unity said:
That's one heck of a WSM load! :shock:

Glad you're back, Nick.

--John
(It'd be more than 56.25 lb when you factor in the rub.)
Nick is used to handeling big loads :shock:
GO NICK GO

Not a big deal to get it all on. You stand the shoulders up teepee style with a wad of aluminum foil between the bones, then let her rip. It takes a while to get her up to temp but after that it's smooth sailing. I have 4 wrapped and in coolers, two of the bigger ones on the bottom are being a little stubborn! Pics will follow when I unwrap and start to pull. Thanks for the welcome backs!

Well I finished up. End result was 24.75 pounds of finished product.
#1 Shoulder #2 #3 #4
First 4 shoulders pulled Made some room in the tub for the rest
Last one All 6 shoulders
The waste

I vacumn packed them in 5 pound bags with double seals on both ends so I don't have any problems when I reheat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom