Weekend Cook 8/10-8/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Saturday I'm just going to do some burgers on the kettle along with some corn on the cob and some fresh tomatoes and cuc's on the side.

Sunday I've got a 9lb brisket flat I picked up at Restaurant Depot the other day that's going on the WSM early in the morning, with some baked beans or potato salad, haven't decided yet.

We are cooking Pork butts Sunday morning and eating Sunday afternoon. I need my bbq fix.

Well I'm gonna do another rack of spares. I'm not a huge rib fan, but I really liked the way they came out last weekend. Other than that, I'm not sure. Harris Teeter has halibut on sale and I may try that on the Jr.

Larry Wolfe said:
Well I'm gonna do another rack of spares. I'm not a huge rib fan, but I really liked the way they came out last weekend. Other than that, I'm not sure. Harris Teeter has halibut on sale and I may try that on the Jr.

I a huge rib Can I come by? ;)

I'm gonna do cubanos Somethin that don't take to long... ITS HOT OUTSIDE BOY! The AC units are breakin faster than we can fix em, Moneys pouring in, Having to turn down work, we just can't keep up with the breakdowns. heat index+ 105 today Humidity+ 80%= feels like HOT AS HELL... No breeze either

Chicken again. :cry:

And hopefully a nice brisket. I am craving some red meat so possibly some nice porterhouses.

Greg Rempe said:
4 butts going on tonight :D

I'll SEE greg's 4 butts and raise him 2 briskets and some 9 racks of ribs this afternoon and tonight.

Saying I'm competitive is only scratching the surface of who I'm known to be. lol

This thread is silly without pics and I don't believe you are actually cooking without them. :roll:

We have the 100 degree temperatures here also. I'm still going to do 2 or 3 racks of spare ribs and some ABTs. I can probably just put them in the smoker without the heat source and they might just cook themselves with this heat. :D

We're a cool 92 degrees and 43% humitity at 5PM

Still gonna fire the lil pit up and get them butts and briskets on for an overnight cook.

Might cook me something on the Open Pit Grill too.
Hmmmm?

smellthatsmoke said:
Those are some great looking chickens!

Makes me think I might need to add a rotisserie to my lineup of equipment. ;)
Check Lowe's if you have one. I found a JENAIR kit marked down 60%.. all stainless.....How were the Tacos?

The Missing Link said:
Unity nice looking chicken. what are you using for your grates?

Thanks
Thanks, ML, the chicken was good. :) Here are some pictures I posted several months ago showing the Performer's features. The cast iron grate insert is a really great thing. I separate the two charcoal baskets, one to each side, when I use the rotisserie.

Unity said:
wittdog said:
can you snap a pic of the grate with the insert out?
I just happen to have such a pic. :D

First, the cast iron grate. Then the space it fills. Note the underslung rods it rests on. Next, same thing from the side. Last, an enameled, perforated steel tray (needs washing :roll:) that can fill the same space for stuff that would be harder to deal with on the grate. It's a 3-sided "box" -- the near edge is raised, the far edge flush, for spatulaing, I guess.

After Griff asked I started looking online, and I can't find this kind of setup for a Performer anywhere. One person on a board thought they were a Home Depot exclusive, but they're not there now, at least not online. I guess I got a special deal, huh? :D

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom