Wed-Thu Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Starting the thread early but I am getting started. I have some brown sugar in drying mode in the oven.

Tomorrow night I will have four Butts going on for an overnighter.

I have people paying me money for bbq. Who would have thunk. ;)

The wheels have been turning. ;)

Scrapped one project. I put the books up and used "The Force" and I think I have a winner on the second try. We shall see. ;)

Cliff H. said:
The wheels have been turning. ;)

Scrapped one project. I put the books up and used "The Force" and I think I have a winner on the second try. We shall see. ;)

Lets see the book on the left is Peace Love and Q, the one on the right maybe the paperback version of Smoke and Spice....Get cooking Cliff..

At 8:00 tonight I have butts in the house.

At 9:00 I have butts on the wsm.

We are expecting some bad weather after midnight so I took some evasive manuvers. Let the games begin. :D

Temps held between 230 and 250 for the last 5-6 hours so I was able to get some shuteye.

I had a bad dream this morning that the temp spiked to 375, when I rushed outside to check on it, I found that the wsm had been hit by a tornado and the meat was gone. :shock: :shock:

What a dream. ;)

Cliff H. said:
The butts on the top are at 191 and the butts on the bottom are at 198. I am trying to hold out. ;)

What are you holding out for? They're done! Get them resting now and they'll be ready and still hot to eat at supper time!!!

I was trying to get them all up to 195. What would you say the range can be to pull them all off ?

I foiled all of them and put the ones that were not up to temp back on. They are just now getting back to 191 after foiling.

Got them all in the cooler now. I need a better work station than what I am using.

I have pretty strong back but all the bending over when all I have to work with is the top of the cooler and and kitchen chair really puts a strain on me. :cry:

This was an hour or so ago.

Cliff H. said:
I was trying to get them all up to 195. What would you say the range can be to pull them all off ?

I foiled all of them and put the ones that were not up to temp back on. They are just now getting back to 191 after foiling.

Depends Cliff. I've pulled pullable butts off the cooker in the mid 180's. Don't necessarily go on temp alone whether it's low or high. Do the wiggle test that's been suggested and that's a good guide. Insert your probe or a fork into the meat and if it goes in like hot butter, it's done.

Back
Top Bottom