Vacuum Marinators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack W.

Sous Chef
While I was in Florida at Ray Lampe's Class a couple of weeks ago I was fortunate enough to win a Reveo Vacuum Marinator. I am looking for any information about the proper use of this machine, including any recipes, do's and dont's, or pitfalls of the system. It looks to be a very cool device. Ray endorsed them strongly.

I feel a change in the chicken process coming in the near future.

TIA

Good Q!

Jack

Vacum marinated chicken breast grilled 7min per side are incredibley juicy and flavorful.

I don't own one but used to purchase vacum marinated breast vac sealed and two to a package from a butcher for about $6.00 per pac. The one in particular that I used was called "Buttery Saute Mushroom" I can find more info out if you like. This particular recipe was very versital.

Jack,

I think Rich Decker from Lost Nation won one of those at Oinktoberfest last year, perhaps he'll chime in and give you some info.

Cliff H. said:
Vacum marinated chicken breast grilled 7min per side are incredibley juicy and flavorful.

I don't own one but used to purchase vacum marinated breast vac sealed and two to a package from a butcher for about $6.00 per pac. The one in particular that I used was called "Buttery Saute Mushroom" I can find more info out if you like. This particular recipe was very versital.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Good Q!

Jack

!@

Nick Prochilo said:
Jack, didn't it come with directions?

Sure Nick,

I think I can operate it successfully. The recipes read kind of like this:

Add 1/4 cup Reveo Chicken Marinade to 1 cup of water. Add natural chicken to the tumbling chamber and add marinade. Seal up the container and tumble for x time.

I'm looking for some tried and true recipes, and maybe a few pointers to keep me off of a long learning curve. If not, hey, I'll be glad to do the research. How bad could I screw up marinating. :roll:

Good Q!

Jack

Hay Jack,

Like Bruce said above this post, I have one and used it at Oinktoberfest. First off I should qualify my response, I love my chicken, it is my favorite thing that I cook. The KCBS judges hate it!!! Last season I got only 1 chicken point. I've been trying different things to improve my chicken and came across the Revo.

I've only used it a few times and really like it. You can get the penetration with the Revo in 20 minutes that takes days normally. I've used Stubb's, Head Country, Bigwheels and Italian dressing with great results. It takes around 12 ounces marinate to about 24 chicken thighs. My favorite was Head Country.

I've thought about tumbling pork butts that have been injected along with an over cooked, dried brisket to see if I can re-hydrate it.

Have fun with your new toy.

Rich Decker said:
Hay Jack,

Like Bruce said above this post, I have one and used it at Oinktoberfest. First off I should qualify my response, I love my chicken, it is my favorite thing that I cook. The KCBS judges hate it!!! Last season I got only 1 chicken point. I've been trying different things to improve my chicken and came across the Revo.

I've only used it a few times and really like it. You can get the penetration with the Revo in 20 minutes that takes days normally. I've used Stubb's, Head Country, Bigwheels and Italian dressing with great results. It takes around 12 ounces marinate to about 24 chicken thighs. My favorite was Head Country.

I've thought about tumbling pork butts that have been injected along with an over cooked, dried brisket to see if I can re-hydrate it.

Have fun with your new toy.

Thanks Rich,

I guess I'm off to the races then.

I'll keep ya'll posted

Good Q!

Jack

Well the cheap commonly available vacuum tumbler apparatus's is mo bigger than the static vacuum buckets which comes with the typical complete Twila Food Saver kits. They both seem to marinate about equally well but say it take 20 min in the Food Saver bucket and give it an occasional shake it supposedly take 10 min if you give it a spin. Would say with the twirling gizmo you can do a brisket flat (aint no way you gonna get a big packer down in either one) or a whole chicken or two chicken halves..which be too big to fit in the Food Saver buckets. The food saver bucket is more condusive to doing chunks or shish k bobs or whutever. Works great for doing Speidies. Thats all I know.

bigwheel

Re: !@

Jack W. said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2qrsqc8l]Jack, didn't it come with directions?
[/quote:2qrsqc8l]

Sure Nick,

I think I can operate it successfully. The recipes read kind of like this:

Add 1/4 cup Reveo Chicken Marinade to 1 cup of water. Add natural chicken to the tumbling chamber and add marinade. Seal up the container and tumble for x time.

I'm looking for some tried and true recipes, and maybe a few pointers to keep me off of a long learning curve. If not, hey, I'll be glad to do the research. How bad could I screw up marinating. :roll:

I once marinated a pork loin overnight in a whiskey teriyaki marinade. I turned it into pork paste. :LOL: Brian

]

Back
Top Bottom