Vacation cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
My brother and I are going to fire up the pit and smoke some ribs, brisket or sholder clod, boston butt and maybe a chuck roast. Prep work begins tomorrow along with a short six hour cook.

Bright and early Tue morning the beef and butt go on. Will post plenty of pics.

My love for bbq started with the food that came off of this pit. It is well over twenty years old. I have fond memories of my dad and brother talking the finer points of bbq'n around this old pit.

Let the fun begin :D

Boy would I like to tell a fib right now. The best that I can say and live with myself is "Needs Improvement". :!:

We cooked these ribs without foiling, on a pit that I haven't cooked on in many years with one ET-73 at each end of the pit to see how well the heat would maintain. "Thanks Mom" :D

The pit held heat good after a two hour warm up.

The flavor and color was good but the ribs could have cooked another hour or a better option would have been 3-2-1. The meat was a little tough. They would have taken home 0 trophies in a neighborhood comp.

Me on the right and brother Brex on the left.

Brex and I are hoping for a better cook tomorrow. =P~

Didn't look bad for a pit you haven't used for a while =D>
Very nice, good luck tomorrow :!:

Looks good guys..seems like you got it figured out..just a little bit longer....still on a pit you havent' cooked on in some time good job

Cliff H. said:
Boy would I like to tell a fib right now. The best that I can say and live with myself is "Needs Improvement". :!:

We cooked these ribs without foiling, on a pit that I haven't cooked on in many years with one ET-73 at each end of the pit to see how well the heat would maintain. "Thanks Mom" :D

The pit held heat good after a two hour warm up.

The flavor and color was good but the ribs could have cooked another hour or a better option would have been 3-2-1. The meat was a little tough. They would have taken home 0 trophies in a neighborhood comp.

Me on the right and brother Brex on the left.

Brex and I are hoping for a better cook tomorrow. =P~

Cliff, there ain't no trophies or money to be won on this board.
Describe your problems and the guys here will help you with
corrections. I come here to learn, and I can't learn if I say everything
I cook is great. Some of the worst stuff I've ever made is by
experimenting, but there's so much good advice here, I don't
usually make the same mistake twice! Enjoy the journey my friend.

Day two calls for Butt, Chuck, Chicken and a suprise Bottom Round roast that some brought over to have smoked. There is no fat on the bottom round so we will see how it goes.

Here is a pic of some early, early mornin fire management :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom