United Way Cook tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
We are doing a decent sized Charity cook starting tonight and tomorrow. We are serving ribs pulled pork and brisket. We will be serving it at Mel Lastman square in Toronto on Monday for the TTC.

We took preorders as this is the first year for the TTC t do this type of charity cook:
100 pp sammies
85 brisket sammies
165 ribs (1/2 orders)

Traeger supplied all of the equipment and pellets, Hovey's Gourmet meats gave us very significant discounts on all the meat and Buster Rhinos is providing all of the sauce and rub. Thank you to them for their generosity.

Ill start posting pics this afternoon and tomorrow.

Also Smoking in the Igloo also did a charity cook recently - great to see BBQ teams all over helping out where they can :)

Thats a lot of light bulbs...so is this a charity cook or another Diva practice cook for the Jack :LOL:

Keep up the good work its a good thing that you are doing....almost makes bubba smile :LOL: :LOL:

wittdog said:
Thats a lot of light bulbs...so is this a charity cook or another Diva practice cook for the Jack :LOL:

Keep up the good work its a good thing that you are doing....almost makes bubba smile :LOL: :LOL:
LOL I may have to practice a few boxes I have a few ideas. So much meat so many possibilities.

Ok just pulled the membrane on a lotta ribs LOL. Briskets are on as of a couple of hours ago and everything is set to get going for first thing tomorrow am really early.

Ack - Vlado is still signed in LOL.

Well I got up really early today to get the butts and the ribs on. There is something so incredibly serene about being up in the dark and putting the meat on. Just nice and peaceful. Me some rub a big cooker and lots of meat. Now thats the perfect way to start a Sunday before the kids and hubby got up.

Ribs should be off in about an hour or two. Ill get them all cut & cooled down then and into the coolers for tomorrow.

I'll be slicing up the brisket shortly and getting it into the pans ready to reheat tomorrow.

Butts on are on the bottom shelf just to make it easier for me. I had to use a stool to load up the top grate.

This is Traegers Com200. It will hold 120 racks of ribs at one time.
Very cool to play with it and see it all loaded up with the meat..

Witt-- you really should see how BIG the lightbulb is in this one :)

Very cool indeed, Diva! I've never seen one of those pits before. Everything looks great. Nice job for a great cause!

How do you like the Thermapen?

I too love the early morning cooks. Nothing better than having a hot cup of coffee and watching the smoke slowly rise out of the pits. Great smells too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom