UDS Training Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I shot this after an overnight cook last year. You have to work very fast with a uds. There is not a lot of time to work with whatever you are cooking. It is quite a challenge to use both racks. You have to have an exit plan before you light the fire.

Since Griff asked for further info I am obliged to offer this CONTROLLED example.

The embed code is not working for me so here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bUCaeQkcO8

Hi Cliff,

I am at work and we are not allowed to watch YouTube here (I get a big BLOCKED notice if I click on it) so I emailed your post to my Iphone. I tried to watch the video but it would not load. I tried several times. Any ideas?

Thanks for the vid Cliff H. Gives folks starting off new to UDS cookin' some
invaluable insight ;)

8)

What type and brand of fuel in this sequence? Assuming it was lump, unless there was a large amount of grease present. I haven't had this problem yet, the temperature increases make a fellow work fast when the lid is lifted for various reasons. Nice video and very informative, will be a bit more cautious in the future. Thanks

Wow, I always figured a UDS was pretty much an industial strength WSM. I never actually thought about the absence of a water/grease pan. I see now that there is a trade off for the grease on the coals flavor.

Fat Agnes said:
What type and brand of fuel in this sequence? Assuming it was lump, unless there was a large amount of grease present. I haven't had this problem yet, the temperature increases make a fellow work fast when the lid is lifted for various reasons. Nice video and very informative, will be a bit more cautious in the future. Thanks

This was shot after an overnight cook of 4 butts. I was using Ozark Oak lump with pecan chunks. There is always a layer of fat in the bottom after a long cook.

I never keep the lid off that long for the exact reason.. Thanks Cliff!!

Back
Top Bottom