Turkey for Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My family is coming over tomorrow for our Christmas celebration. So I'm cooking the turkey today and we just got a spiral Honey Baked ham. Turkey will mature whole in the fridge overnight and we'll carve and eat tomorrow.

It's cold and very windy out, but the WSM does what it does best!! I am using Kingsford and 4 med pieces of apple wood (the last ones).

:(
img_173633_0_384d5d6ff05efc52b94267d4ec5e5729.jpg

Good lookin bird Larry. How are you cooking the ham? I'm gonna try and smoke a ham Christmas day for dinner. May need to think of something else to add to the cook as my daughter isn't crazy about ham. I'm hoping when she tastes it she will change her mind.

Larry, will you eat the turky cold like in sandwiches or will you reheat it. If your gonna reheat it, how ?
PS - you know christmas is on the 25th dont ya ? ;) ;)

john pen said:
Larry, will you eat the turky cold like in sandwiches or will you reheat it. If your gonna reheat it, how ?
PS - you know christmas is on the 25th dont ya ? ;) ;)

We are going to have cold smoked turkey sandwiches and warm ham sandwiches. I think cold smoked turkey is soooooo much better.

I have reheated the whole turkey the day after before. Wrap in foil and put into the oven at 325º until warmed through.

Yeah I know Christmas is on the 25th....all of my family lives out of state, so we get together before so we can spend Christmas day with our own families and nobody has to travel the day of Christmas.

not to high jack but the ham

I've had good success with the spiral ham's from Sam's. I just put it on the Treager for a couple to 3 hrs. They come with a glaze package, I prepare the glaze, turn up the Traeger as high as I can or use the gas grill to 450, and mop the glaze on, let it sit on there for 15 -20 mins and your done. Use the leftovers for soup or beans. People really seem to love it!!

Nice Larry. We have the cross State lines family thing too. Eve here, Christmas there, and there and there.

I'm packing my Chubby with me for this trip and spending 4 days at the lake shooting varmits and partying.

Re: not to high jack but the ham

sluggo said:
I've had good success with the spiral ham's from Sam's. I just put it on the Treager for a couple to 3 hrs. They come with a glaze package, I prepare the glaze, turn up the Traeger as high as I can or use the gas grill to 450, and mop the glaze on, let it sit on there for 15 -20 mins and your done. Use the leftovers for soup or beans. People really seem to love it!!

Already got two bags of great northerns for the ham bone and turkey legs. Gonna feed it to the vultures that are coming over for the game tomorrow.

Turkey finished right at the 5 hour mark last night. Gonna carve later today.

img_173695_0_e5beab1073ee6396601c6e6d80e8206b.jpg

Nice looking turkey Larry.

Back in the horse and buggy days, When someone left home for whatever reason and had to travel a long distance it sometims meant that they would never see thier family again.

I travel 450 miles twice a year to be with family. Lots of folks travel longer distances than I do.

We are a blessed people to be living in this day and age.

Enjoy time with your family Larry.

I agree with Cliff and everyone else, you make the best birds Larry!

And Cliff, I travel over 850 miles twice a year, just to be with you!

See you and Joe in March! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom