Turkey breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflatt

Sous Chef
its the only way I have done Turkey here..just the breast. I do 'em like chicken, but I am not concerned about the skin, just the meat, so I do mine lower until it hits about 165-170.

I love turkey breast as well. If you can and have time, I'd recommend brining. If not cook a pumped/enhanced bird. If you're cooking a fresh bird do not cook past 160-165, otherwise you're gonna take a chance in a dry breast.

BTW, welcome to the board!! Remember, we like pic's so take plenty!!

I like to brine as well, but if I don't have time I inject with equal parts butter, your favorite hot sauce, and white grape juice. Good stuff Maynard!

Good Q!

Jack

Thanks for the post, it reminded me that I have a turkey breast in the freezer. I'm gonna take it out to defrost for next weekend.

Ken, I usually get enhanced breasts and don't worry about brining...they have always come out great!! :D

Finney said:
Greg Rempe said:
Ken, I usually get enhanced breasts and don't worry about brining...they have always come out great!! :D

Nothing wrong with 'enhanced' breasts. :wwnn:

They can be a little pricey.
3.gif

Bruce B said:
Finney said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1aebf0oe]Ken, I usually get enhanced breasts and don't worry about brining...they have always come out great!! :D

Nothing wrong with 'enhanced' breasts. :wwnn:

They can be a little pricey.
3.gif
[/quote:1aebf0oe]

Size & price seem to go hand in hand!

Back
Top Bottom