Turkey & fattie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I deep fried a turkey today and did a couple of fatties. With trying to cook and watch the game I didn't have time for many pictures.

Sorry we ate some!

Oops, we ate it all!

Deep fried turkey is the best.

I may have to give the fatty thing one more try. I like the the way you stuffed it. What all is in there ?

Cliff H. said:
Deep fried turkey is the best.

I may have to give the fatty thing one more try. I like the the way you stuffed it. What all is in there ?
Italian sausage meat rolled out flat, about 2 pounds. 4 ounces shreded provolone. 4 ounces priscuto. A couple of roasted red peppers and some pimentos. Was gonna throw some capers in but they didn't look to good, so they got $hitcanned. It's a great way to clean out the fridg, you can add most anything!

Nick I would compliment you on the turkey but.....it's gone :shock:
I'm sure it was good ;)

By the way, how many kitchen tables do you have?

Nick Prochilo said:
CrazyWhiteMan said:
You deep fried the fatties?

No, they were smoked. But I bet you could deep fry those things!

Nick food looked great as usual! I would pass on the deep fried fatties if I were you. I deep fried a butt one time and lets just say it didn't turn out well, and I'd imagine the same would happen if you tried to fry a fatty!

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Nice lookin turkey...I've often thought of purchasing a fryer to do turkeys......is it much work???
The only bad part is getting rid of all the oil when your done cooking....
I put 2 big containers out to the curb and the garbage men wouldn't take them...finaly the third week they did...and we had an oil spill going down the street....mind you it was in the summer :oops: the whole neighborhood smelled like fryed turkey.

wittdog said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Nice lookin turkey...I've often thought of purchasing a fryer to do turkeys......is it much work???
The only bad part is getting rid of all the oil when your done cooking....
I put 2 big containers out to the curb and the garbage men wouldn't take them...finaly the third week they did...and we had an oil spill going down the street....mind you it was in the summer :oops: the whole neighborhood smelled like fryed turkey.

Yeah, oil is the issue. I have a "Wing It" buffalo chicken wing fryer and hate to find somewhere to put the oil.

Nick Prochilo said:
We strain the oil and use it e few times before we need to dump it. Then we take it to work & put it in the builders dumpster!
I can't believe you would do that :shock:
I have never dumped anything in a builder's dumpster ;)

22.gif

Back
Top Bottom