Turkey and Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finney said:
Nice to see you using the rack spacer. :!:
Can this only be used to raise the lower rack or can it be used with the water pan and an additional lower rack? Seems like I've seen a diagram of this somewhere...

The Joker said:
Finney said:
Can this only be used to raise the lower rack or can it be used with the water pan and an additional lower rack? Seems like I've seen a diagram of this somewhere...
Yeah, you've seen it somewhere. :)
You can use it to add a rack in-between the top and the lower rack giving you three racks. Also it will fit (inverted) on the top rack allowing 4 racks in the WSM all spaced 4" apart. Good for chicken parts and rib and such.
There is a rumor of a 6" version that allows 3 racks in the WSM for butt or brisket cooks.

Finney said:
The Joker said:
Finney said:
You can use it to add a rack in-between the top and the lower rack giving you three racks. Also it will fit (inverted) on the top rack allowing 4 racks in the WSM all spaced 4" apart. Good for chicken parts and rib and such.
There is a rumor of a 6" version that allows 3 racks in the WSM for butt or brisket cooks.
I knew where I'd seen it. [-(

Maybe it's just the pic.. I can see where the water pan might fit inside the lower ring but I can't see how you'd suspend the other rack :-k And since you and Larry have now introduced it, where can others get one? 8-[

The Joker said:
Finney said:
[quote="The Joker":2tvznx36]
Finney said:

Maybe it's just the pic.. I can see where the water pan might fit inside the lower ring but I can't see how you'd suspend the other rack :-k And since you and Larry have now introduced it, where can others get one? 8-[[/quote:2tvznx36]
More on that later.

You put the lower rack in it's normal place and the spacer sits on top of it.

Finney said:
The Joker said:
Finney said:
[quote="The Joker":3rw35fc8]
Finney said:

Maybe it's just the pic.. I can see where the water pan might fit inside the lower ring but I can't see how you'd suspend the other rack :-k And since you and Larry have now introduced it, where can others get one? 8-[
More on that later.

You put the lower rack in it's normal place and the spacer sits on top of it.[/quote:3rw35fc8]
Ahhh, now I see. And that diameter along with the height allows it to fit inverted on the top grate inside the dome ~ BRILLIANT! :(

brian j said:
where does one get one of those?

They're hard to come by, honestly! We actually may have collector items if no more can get made! I'll start the bidding for mine at $200!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="john pen":1nsjcwxw]Ill make you one for $190. !! lol

No John, I meant I would sell "mine" for a starting bid of $200!! 8-[[/quote:1nsjcwxw]

Yep, I understood..just undercutting you with a custom product...Then they wouldn't be stuck with an old "used" one.. :)

john pen said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1asfmn8k][quote="john pen":1asfmn8k]Ill make you one for $190. !! lol

No John, I meant I would sell "mine" for a starting bid of $200!! 8-[[/quote:1asfmn8k]

Yep, I understood..just undercutting you with a custom product...Then they wouldn't be stuck with an old "used" one.. :)[/quote:1asfmn8k]

Oh yeah! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

But mine is an original! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="john pen":12xswt6i][quote="Larry Wolfe":12xswt6i][quote="john pen":12xswt6i]Ill make you one for $190. !! lol

No John, I meant I would sell "mine" for a starting bid of $200!! 8-[[/quote:12xswt6i]

Yep, I understood..just undercutting you with a custom product...Then they wouldn't be stuck with an old "used" one.. :)[/quote:12xswt6i]

But mine is an original! 8-[[/quote:12xswt6i]

So that would make mine "New and improved"

john pen said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2z4sm136][quote="john pen":2z4sm136][quote="Larry Wolfe":2z4sm136][quote="john pen":2z4sm136]Ill make you one for $190. !! lol

No John, I meant I would sell "mine" for a starting bid of $200!! 8-[[/quote:2z4sm136]

Yep, I understood..just undercutting you with a custom product...Then they wouldn't be stuck with an old "used" one.. :)[/quote:2z4sm136]

But mine is an original! 8-[[/quote:2z4sm136]

So that would make mine "New and improved"[/quote:2z4sm136]

Doh! #-o

Back
Top Bottom