turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Brian, look in Giant for the Shady Brook Farm turkeys. They'll be fresh and a little more expensive, but no where near the cost of an organic bird.

Brian,
I would think that Virginia is great country for wild turkey. What's the price of a 20 gage bird shot round... $0.50? Just a thought [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif]

brian j said:
DATsBBQ said:
Brian,
I would think that Virginia is great country for wild turkey. What's the price of a 20 gage bird shot round... $0.50? Just a thought [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif]
i actually have wild turkey on my property, the wife and i hear them every now and then, i just don't hunt. :?
You have wild turkeys on your property :shock:

Note to Brian..........
Buy a gun .........kill wild turkey :D

Last year, I barely missed hitting a wild turkey in the car. It ran across the road in front of me and I had to have grazed the tailfeathers. I think if I see one this year in the Bronco I'm going to try to hit it. LOL

The turkey I cooked a little over a week ago was from Chef's Pride. Theirs are injected with turkey broth before being frozen. They are a mail order company. I will admit, that was the best turkey I've ever cooked.

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1253rara]Brian, look in Giant for the Shady Brook Farm turkeys. They'll be fresh and a little more expensive, but no where near the cost of an organic bird.
fresh shady brook farm turkeys are on sale for $0.89 a lb. the label says 6% water solution and no glutens or msg. the shady brook farm website also recommends a tasty looking brine so it looks like this will be a good choice.

thanks larry.[/quote:1253rara]

Brine recipe looks good, not crazy about grapefruit juice though, I'd be tempted to replace it with apple cider, or maybe pineapple juice, but that might be too acidic. Not much more than the grapefruit though.

Go to Whole Foods Market..they got all kinda that unpumped yuppie organic stuff over there. It makes me feel healthier just walking the ailses and smelling stuff. They even let you grind your own peanut butter using peanuts and a small outoard trolling motor. Its a very kewl place. I bought an unpumped roaster over there one time but when I broke it outta the package it had a missing wing. Really got me riled up. Doubt that happen to you but I would check the appendages if you want it to be purty.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom